Reload this Page >

London tube photo cards for repeat visitors

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30th, 2000, 10:38 AM
Cheryl

For my trip to London last February I purchase a seven day zone 1 tube pass. I am going back to London this January and plan on purchasing the same pass for this trip. Does anyone know if the photo ID card from last year can be used again, or do I need to take another passport-sized photo with me for a new card? And, out of curiosity, has anyone ever been asked to show this ID card? Thanks.

Old Nov 30th, 2000, 10:53 AM
rand

Every time I got on a bus it was looked at.

Old Nov 30th, 2000, 11:52 AM
Tammy

I was only asked to show it once, and that was on the bus. <BR> <BR>Not sure about being able to reuse the ID card, sure would be nice though.

Old Nov 30th, 2000, 12:03 PM
Lori

The photo ID card can be used again (and again) you just get a nw weekly pass - we've used ours for several visits now. We were asked to show the card twice, on buses both times (once going to Hamstead Heath and another time but I honestly don't remember where we were going) but never on the Tube. I'd be sure to have it tho, just in case!

Old Nov 30th, 2000, 02:06 PM
Pipster

Cheryl: Absolutely you can use the same photo ID card. I just returned from London last Friday and used the same photo ID (for the third time) which I originally used when I purchased a seven day travel card back in 1997. The woman who sold me the travel card didn't even bat an eye, even though I've gained about 30 pounds over the past few years. Not sure as to purpose of your visit but why not get a card for Zones 1 and 2. Only slightly more and covers practically everything you would want to do in London. Have a great trip. Am already thinking about my next one.

Old Dec 1st, 2000, 01:13 AM
Mary Beth

I will be visiting London in less than two weeks, is it necessary to bring a photo with you in order to obtain a Photocard or will photos be taken at place of issuance? Thanks!

Old Dec 1st, 2000, 04:44 AM
Tammy

You can either take a passport size photo with you or you can have your picture taken in a photo booth. I believe if you have a good snapshot of yourself, just cut it out to passport size, which definitely cost less than the passport photos.

Old Dec 1st, 2000, 07:38 AM
Keith Legg

You can definately use the same photocard - I commute daily and have renewed using the same card with no problem. <BR> <BR>You should always carry it with you - the Underground and train companies have recently stepped up inspections and without it the travelcard is invalid.