Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

London theatre - discount ticket question . . .

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi:
Does anyone know if there are half-price or discount tickets for Spamalot or Wicked in London?

We'll be there the end of Sept. and I thought I might wait to see if they're available at the TKTS booth at Leicester Square.

Thanks in advance,
Carol
Old Sep 7th, 2007, 07:41 AM

As of two weeks ago, no.

You can check www.broadwaybox.com to see what discounts are available (they have many which are better even than TKTS)...of course when the popularity of a show starts to wane, the show may then appear on TKTS but let's put it this way...Mamma Mia has never been available on TKTS for a discount and it's going on it's 7th year so there are some shows that never make it there.
Old Sep 7th, 2007, 12:42 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
if a show sells out every performance, or nearly so, you will not find 1/2 price tix. These are both still very popular.

But the vast majority of London shows aren't sell outs so you would have lots of others to choose from.
Old Sep 7th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info - really appreciate it.
Carol
Old Sep 7th, 2007, 02:26 PM

www.broadwaybox.com has a link to London (at the top of the home page) with some London ticket discounts. They currently only have "dinner deals" for both your shows. I've never done this, but some people have and have been happy. Essentially you get a two course or three course dinner for about 10 pounds (or I think on the Spamalot one at Quo Vadis for free). You might want to take a look at those if it means anything to you.

One possible advantage of doing the "deal" is that you might be able to get better seats that way than are otherwise currently available. They are both VERY popular shows.
Old Sep 7th, 2007, 05:08 PM

Don't know about Spamalot, but my 13yo and I saw Wicked at the end of July--it was worth every full-price penny we paid in our opinion. We almost did the dinner deal, but didn't like our seat options. Neither of these shows is available at TKTS.
Old Sep 8th, 2007, 01:01 AM

Try www.lastminute.com

They are advertising tickets from £5 but I doubt there will be many and I think you have to be aged 5 (some shows you pay your age)

I've had a few of their £10 tickets - YOu pay £10 and the theatre give you the best available seats when you arrive.