London Theater

May 18th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

London Theater

We will be in London, June 17 thru June 23, 2006. We are planning on seeing "We Will Rock You", the musical of Queen's music. It is at the Dominion Theater.

Has anyone seen it?

Any thoughts on getting the best ticket prices? Has anyone been at this theater who could recommend the best seating.

Thanks to all.
May 18th, 2006, 01:47 PM

Best ticket prices...except for Friday and Saturday nights, WWRY is generally available at TKTS for half price....
May 18th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Neopolitan

Yes, it was at TKTS at half price every day during Christmas and New Year's when some shows weren't. We had not seen it and wanted to, but the day we planned to, it wasn't on the board at TKTS when they opened. I mentioned that to the guy at the window and he said sometimes that theatre is a little slow calling it in, but he was SURE they'd have them within an hour or so. We came back, and sure enough they did.

The show itself? Tacky, over acted, over staged, silly, pretentious, and a totally unbelievable and undeveloped plot of the "future". We LOVED it. If you go just for fun and don't expect great "theatre" then you'll have a good time. Not unlike Mama Mia -- only even more so if every way!

May 18th, 2006, 02:45 PM

Neopolitano...

Good point about TKTS we made previously...some think you get the best chice of seats by getting there first thing in the morning...actually sometimes as the day goes on, more seats open up..I was in London Easter Week and WWRY was available at TKTS as noted every night but Friday and Saturday nights.....but as always you never can be 100% sure.
May 19th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all,
Neopolitan..........gotta love tacky.

My wife just saw "Jersey Boys" in NYC and loved it. The lead sound better than Frankie Valli............oh lightening will strike me, I'm sure
May 19th, 2006, 07:56 PM

Hi-I too will be in London for those exact dates! Just booked my flight, now scouting out theater ideas and maybe Wimbledon too. Can't wait! Have fun.
May 20th, 2006, 12:06 PM

Hi ...

Saw this last year - excellent - as long as you like Queen songs - which do !!

Mark
May 21st, 2006, 03:48 PM
Original Poster

isplumm,
Yep, we all love Queen and are looking forward to it.
Thanks