London - Single Travel

Search

London - Single Travel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London - Single Travel

Hi there, I am a single canadian girl planning a trip to London around a concert at Wembley Stadium in July.

Any advice on where to stay?

Any advice on single travel?

Best website to purchase concert tickets when you currently live outside the UK?
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 10:21 AM

Hi t - no advice from me about the tickets, but if you can give us a bit mroe information about your budget, and likes and dislikes, we can advise you about accommodation.

What are you interested in seeing besides the concert? How long will you be in London for?

London is a great place to travel solo - many of us do (I'm going there myself again in 2 weeks - also a Canadian but a bit beyond the girl stage). You will love it!
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 10:33 AM

If you Google "Wembley concert tickets" you will get a list of several sites which sell tickets online--good way to compare prices and availability.

Where to stay depends on your budget.

Single travel can be great--no specific advice other than to be cautious late at night as you would in any large city.
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 11:03 AM

Don't base yopur holiday around your trip to Wembley - ie don't try and stay near there. It a desolate hell hole on the outskirts of London and a thoroughly miserable place.

You get to the stadium on the tube from Baker St and you get back the same way.

Ticketmaster send tickets abroad I think.
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, it is good advice not to stay near Wembley...there are lots of other things I'd like to see.

I'll be there from 7-10 days I think, and am thinking about going a group tour for 3 days. Good idea?
Old Jan 9th, 2009, 01:57 AM

As for group tours I can't comment - I'm not going to take them in my own country am I?

However there are loads of these offered on the back of magazines like TNT which are aimed at Aussies, kiwis and sith bliddy effrikkans. They are aimed at your age group and have a "fun" ethos.

You will see these magazines all over the place as well as similar adverts in places like the st Christophers Hostels (which have pubs attached) and Walkabout pubs.