London shopping question

Old Feb 6th, 2000, 02:09 AM
Myriam

London shopping question

My 17 yr old son is going to London with his school and would love to bring some fancy clothing back home. Does anyone know where is the best neighbourhood to find clothes "rapper's / skateboarder's style" (baggy trousers, etc.)?
I've done a search on the web but with more than 193.000 pages I really don't know where to start.
Thanks for your help.

Old Feb 6th, 2000, 02:24 PM
Erin

Hi Myriam,
I would recommend 2 places...Covent Gardens and Camden. If your son is going to be in London on a weekend, tell him to head to Camden Market (hours 10-6). He should be able to find things there. Keep in mind that the prices in London are the same as they are here, except they are in pounds, so you are actually paying more. When I was there last, I went into The Gap and a pair of pants that were $49 in the US, were 49L (equal to about $65). Good Luck!

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 07:38 AM
Cyrano

There are numerous clothing shops for young people in Kensington at Kensington Road and Kensington Church Street, ranging from discount to expensive. But there are no bargains even at the discount stores compared to here.

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 10:04 AM
Dee

Myriam - I guess I'm confused, "fancy clothing" equates to "rapper's/skateboarders" clothes?

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 12:09 PM
ellie

My then 17 year old son had great luck shopping for "street wear" in the Covent Garden area a year ago. We found a large Diesel shop in the neighborhood as well as a small multi-level indoor mall with several small "youth oriented" boutiques. He also like shopping on Kings Road in the general vicinity of the Vigin Megastore.