London Pass and Easter Monday

Jan 23rd, 2007, 10:37 PM
Original Poster

London Pass and Easter Monday

I have a one day London pass. Will it be wasted if I use it on Easter Monday - due to parades, etc. or should I wait and use it another day? I arrive on Easter Sunday, am in England for two days (Sunday & Monday), then to France for 5 days and then back to England for 12 days. Any advise?
Jan 23rd, 2007, 11:19 PM

I wouldn't buy a London Pass - FULL STOP.

There aren't any parades on Easter Monday and as far as the attractions & shops go virtually all will be open and a large proportion of them are free anyway.

I can't see how you could possibly spend £34 in one day on major London attractions.
Jan 24th, 2007, 12:50 AM

It sounds as if you already have the pass. It won't make much difference which day you use it.
Jan 24th, 2007, 04:35 AM

Since you already have the Pass, make the best of it. Pick the couple of most expensive sites and to them on Easter Monday. The Tower and 2 others (since I don't know what sorts of things you enjoy can't really recommend which) will just about recoup the cost of the pass.

You will have to get at the Tower very first thing - a bit before opening time is best. The Pass lets you jump the ticket queue but you still should get there early because the Tower will be very crowded. Do the Crown Jewels right when you get there (later on the line to get in the jewel house will be looooong). Then take the Beefeater tour after the jewels.

If you hurry, you can be through at the Tower maybe just after lunch and have the afternoon to squeeze in a couple of others.

No parades or anything - but most tourist attractions will be quite crowded.
Jan 24th, 2007, 04:39 AM

OH - re my post - The same advice would apply to whichEVER day you choose to use the Pass. You would still have to squeeze in 3 majors on one day to get your money back, and you should get to the Tower at opening time.
Jan 24th, 2007, 04:53 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advise. BTW, I got the London Pass on an auction for $30 so figured it was worth it. Is the Heritage Pass worth it or any pass for that matter?
Jan 24th, 2007, 05:02 AM

The Great British Heritage Pass is fantastic for the UK in general - but not very usefull in London. Since the Tower, Hampton Court Palace and Windsor dropped out of the GBHP a couple of years ago.

For outside of London though the GBHP is a major money saver. I covers more than 600 properties all over the country.

Since you only paid $30 the London Pass will be a money saver - If you use it for the Tower and St Paul's on one day, you will have more than made back the money. And if you throw in The Tower Bridge Experience (since you'll be right there) you will save quite a bit.

(At full price the Pass is a true rip off)