London-Paris with granddaughter

Old Sep 30th, 2003, 01:55 PM
Original Poster

London-Paris with granddaughter

We are planning to take our 13 year old granddaughter to London-Paris in June. We are considering Tauck Bridge Tours. Has anyone taken one of their Bridge Tours--would appreciate comments or suggestions if you know of other tour companies that specialize in intergenerational travel.
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 04:12 PM

Paris and London are probably the two easiest places to visit without going on a tour. If you were going somewhere more "unusual" or wanted to do a "grand european tour", a group tour makes some sense. But for a trip to England and Paris you can do it cheaper (and very easily) on your own. That way you can tailor your visit to EXACTLY what you and your grand daughter want to see.

I know that is not the sort of info you are looking for - but you REALLY don't need a tour for either Paris or London.
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 05:55 PM
ChatNoir

janis is right about not needing to take a tour. Plan it yourself and involve your granddaughter. It will be much more meaningful to her and she'll learn something to boot.

Old Sep 30th, 2003, 06:27 PM

Most tours are really "up and at 'em" early in the morning; I would think a 13 might enjoy a little more flexibility.

But what a wonderful experience for all of you, however you decide to do it!
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 05:51 PM

I have only heard good things about Tauck and I think that would apply to the Bridges program also.

We are young (38 and 42) with a 17 month old baby. As soon as she is old enough I think this would be a great way to travel.

Other kids, no need to plan, no need to drag luggage from place to place, most meals paid for. SOUNDS GREAT TO A HARRIED MOM!

I can't wait to try it!