London,Paris, Munich Itinerary...input please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 06:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning a two week trip to London,Paris, and Munich originally in this order. I booked with Aadvantage miles flying into and out of London (LHR) My original thought was to spend 4 days in London, take the Eurostar to Paris, spend another 4 days, train to Munich for three days then back to London to fly home. After reviewing the map of Europe (this is my first trip) I see that London is WAAAY far from Munich. I am trying to decide how to get back to London from Munich for the flight home.

Any suggestions from some of you more seasoned travelers? How would you set up an itinerary for these cities?
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 07:16 PM

You can fly Easyjet.com from Munich to London rather cheaply, which would save you time and money. Would there be any chance of changing the ticket to let you fly open-jaw out of Paris? That way you could fly into London, then fly to Munich, train to Paris, and fly home.
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 07:17 PM

It's a pity you didn't take into account the distance from Munich to London before you booked your flight. An open-jaw itenerary, flying into London and flying home from Munich, would have been better suited to this combination of cities.

Your best bet now is probably to get a flight on a low-fare airline (such as Easyjet) from Munich back to London. However, assuming your flight out of Heathrow leaves around mid-day, you won't be able to travel from Munich to London the same morning. The low-fare airlines fly into Stansted, not Heathrow. So you would need to return to London on the day before your flight home.
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 08:33 PM
Original Poster

I just checked Easyjet and they quoted a one way fare from Munich to London at 26.99 EUR! Can this be true? Thats like $35.00! Sounds too good to be true, are there chickens running up and down the aisles? haha
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 08:37 PM

The fares are all true. You have to pay for food and drinks, but that's a small issue, I would say.
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 05:48 PM

I've travelled on easyjet and ryanair, two of the bargain companies, nearly a dozen times in the past couple of years without trouble. Nothing fancy, but dependable...sort of like Southwest in the states.
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 05:49 PM
Original Poster

This is great news! Thanks everyone.