London,Paris,Cali,Normandy

Aug 21st, 1997, 09:28 AM
Mary A. Hyde

London,Paris,Cali,Normandy

We three adults are going to Europe in the middle of September for two weeks.

We are not going to book hotel reservations ahead of time. Are we going to have trouble finding a decent place to stay (3 or 2 star hotel with bath). I did get the hotel list for Paris and London via Fodor but not for Normandy and Cali.

Thanks, Mary

Aug 21st, 1997, 12:24 PM
Harry

If you can drive to the southern part of Normandy, Honfleur is a must. A really lovely old fishing port and harbour town. Super old buildings and lovely restaurants scattered around the harbour. We stay at 'Le Chat' - very French!!!!! From here you can easily get to trouville and Deauville, Trés chic! Does Cali mean Calais, if so, don't bother! Go south about 40 miles to Le Touquet very pleasant town with good beach and good shopping. Hotels - Westminster, Novotel and for good value the IBIS. Plenty of othe hotels I am told that The Red Fox has recently been refurbished and is good value. Post again if you want more info.

Aug 21st, 1997, 05:16 PM
Wayne

We are going to Normandy, et.al. for 3 days starting Sept. 3. Just wondering if your 'Le Chat' is Le Chateau a B&B near Buchy where we have already booked?

Aug 22nd, 1997, 09:45 AM
Harry

Nope, it is definitely 'Le Chat' right in the main square in Honfleur. It even has an iron cutout of 'Le Chat' (the cat) on the roof! If it was Le Chateau it would have an iron cutout of a chateau on the roof...... , maybe not.

Sep 12th, 1997, 02:49 PM
Mary A. Hyde

Thank you for that info on Paris, London. Calais and Normandy. We are going to Calais because my Dad was born there and wanted to see what the area is like and I am sure we will end up staying there a couple of days.

Thanks again, Mary

Oct 5th, 1997, 01:57 AM
Tricia

sending to the top for person with questions on Normandy