Reload this Page >

London Paris and Rome

Search

London Paris and Rome

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 1998, 03:45 PM
nick

London Paris and Rome

We are contemplating a trip to London, Paris and Rome via Perillo Tours' "Three Capitals" tour and would appreciate comments on travel in late August vs. mid-October. Does the European "Holiday" season last into August and do all of those traveling Europeans cause a tourist jam? Thanks!

Old May 14th, 1998, 05:39 AM
Kathy Raines

Hi!
I read your inquiry with interest, as I had posted
this same question earlier. I did not receive any
positive information on Perillo, and when I contacted several travel agencies, I was told to stay away from Perillo. We are doing this same itinerary next summer, and we are still undecided as to who to use. There will be 5 of us, and I,
personally, am leaning toward doing the independent
tour with British Airways. Maybe we can help each
other with info. Insight also looks good.
Kathy

Old May 14th, 1998, 07:52 AM
Nick

Kathy - see the topic called "Italy, Insight vs. Perillo" It has a fairly good review of Perillo. I believe a travel agent would not recomment Perillo because Perillo does not use agents.

Old May 15th, 1998, 01:07 PM
sonia

August is THE prime holiday month in Paris and Rome:many shops and restaurants close, and all the locals head out of town - because it's usually HOT. You'll be in town with all the tourists. London is not quite as extreme, but July and August are the prime holiday months (and probably the most expensive). Go in October - more pleasant weather for sightseeing.

Don't know about Perillo: Brit Air and Virgin offer good flight/hotel packages and add-ons, and being more independent is more of an adventure.