London Packages?

Sep 8th, 2000, 12:45 PM
Steve

London Packages?

Hi,

I'm planing a weeklong trip to London in early November. Anyone know a good air/hotel package? Leaving from LA or San Diego. What part of London should I look to stay in?

Thanks

Sep 8th, 2000, 01:14 PM
elaine

Steve
almost every major airline offers air and hotel packages, and travel agents can provide you with additional offers and brochures. Compare prices of packages vs other arrangements; lots of air fares to London go down in Nov and you may be able to do just as well financially with booking air fare and hotel separately, and with more options.
The packages sometimes offer hotels that are not in desirable locations or at least not as convenient as many others that you would book on your own. They may also be including options that you don't need or care to pay for, like hotel breakfasts or transfers to and from airports.
Before you book anything, look for the hotel on a map of London, and/or ask here for information.
If you do a search on this Travel lounge for London hotel, you will find many suggestions about areas and individual hotels. The general consensus is that the most convenient areas are Bloomsbury, the Strand, and South Kensington, but there are some other bargain hotels in other areas like Paddington if you are on a tight budget.

I have notes on London; if you are interested, email me.

Sep 8th, 2000, 01:14 PM
Lori

If you are leaving from San Diego you are probably flying BA and BA has lots of packages - give them a call. Several airlines leave from LA (including BA) and all have packages, you just need to call them and find out what they have.

Sep 8th, 2000, 01:26 PM
Lesli

Steve -

British Airways is having an airfare sale (only through Monday, 9/11)starting at $179 each way LA-London; $189 from San Diego: http://www.britishairways.com/region...fers/fall2000/ You can add hotel nights.

www.go.today.com has a 6 night package that starts at $675 from LA.

You could also check Virgin Atlantic's's site: www.virgin-atlantic.com (though they usually cost a bit more.)

Sep 8th, 2000, 01:36 PM
CJ

You may want to check out skyauction.com

Sep 8th, 2000, 01:41 PM
mary lewis

We used USAirways Vacation website last year and were able to book a very reasonably priced air/hotel package to London. You can go on the website and check out what hotels they offer and then research them on the web as far as location, etc. USAirways did have some add ons but the basic package was just air and hotel - which when I priced separately was very competitive.