Search

london packages

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2001, 12:37 PM
Judy Greene

london packages

Does anyone recommend an air+hotel package for London? I would like to take my 14 year old daughter there in March. I have found no less than 4 different airline companies (American, Virgin, United, and British Air) who all offer packages. I am looking for a moderate but nice hotel, well-located for general sight-seeing. Any suggestions? Many thanks! Judy Greene

Old Sep 30th, 2001, 12:52 PM
Karen

You might try go-today.com. We used them for Paris last November and found them to be an excellent value. They offer air/hotel packages, with breakfast in the hotel. They'll offer several hotels at differing price levels. You might want to check location of the hotel to be sure it's where you want to be. You don't get a choice of airlines; just get which ever one they choose; but that was okay with us. Also you get transporation from the airport to the hotel and return. Good luck!

Old Sep 30th, 2001, 05:42 PM
Mel

We used gotoday.com last September for a fly/drive UK trip and everything was exactly as they specified. I have friends who have used several of their packages and had no problems.

Old Sep 30th, 2001, 05:48 PM
Lipstique

I have used British Airways vacation packages both in the UK and other countries in Europe. BA contracts with the hotels for reduced rates (lower than the published rack rate). I've found BA to have great value, and also if you call their tour desk you can usually find they have a special which might be a free night's lodging, free tickets to the theatre, and even $100 and $200 discount coupons. I've benefitted from all of these incentives.

Old Sep 30th, 2001, 08:43 PM
Linda

I've used BA and Virgin. Personally, I found them much alike, both very usable packages. But we've settled on Virgin for our next one--why? Because they have a non-stop from our home town. And you might let that be a deciding factor for you. Which one gives the most convenient flights? When all else is the same. . .

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 12:50 AM
JOdy

Like Linda, I have used BA and Virgin. They both fly non-stop from my home city. They both were good, in plane service, hotels, and extras. I preferred the BA though because of their "go as you please" where youcan mix and match what you want. Also a considertion from where I fly is Virgin is usually crammed full with kiddies who are tired from a week or 2 at disney and not ready to go home! BA seems to atract the older set and tends to be quieter!