Reload this Page >

London or Paris ?

Search

London or Paris ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 04:49 PM
Gretchen

London or Paris ?

I have two weeks in Europe, I would like to visit both London and Paris. How long should I stay in each place ?

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 05:03 PM
Smart Ass

Ummm....one week???

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 05:15 PM
Christina

If you have no particular plans or preferences, I'd say splitting it equally is a fine idea, also.

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 06:55 PM
cities

I'd split it in the middle and plan on four days per city and a three day side trip from each city. I find the countryside often more relaxing and unique than cities, which all have some similar elements, like traffic and crowds.<BR><BR>

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 07:07 PM
bdiamond

Ok, so it's my opinion only but I would spend more time in London. I travel to Paris about 10 times a year and still find London to be the more enchanting city. Yes, Paris is beautiful, but for some reason enjoy London more. Go to Paris first, then London. You'll appreciate it ore that way.<BR><BR>Just my opinion. Oh yeah, avoid Air France if possible. Service can be very uneven. When it's good, it's great. When it's bad, Lindbergh had a better flight to Paris!

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 05:47 AM
trying

Gretchen: Kind of depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for atmosphere, Paris (IMHO) has more. If you are looking for theater, London supposedly has more. You could probably argue that both cities are great for art. I spend more time walking (and enjoying it) in Paris, than London. I agree with the idea of splitting the time, but making day (or several day) trips. I would recommend spending no more than 3 days at any one time in London. Remember, too, that the UK (particularly London) is considerably more expensive than Paris.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 06:14 AM
McGuyver

I would Spend a week in each but keep in mind Air fare rt to London or Paris. it is cheaper to fly into paris or fly in one city and out the other if you go back in forth you will need rt for the eurostar train.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 08:36 AM
XXX

I went to Paris and hated it. All I can say is if you don't speak the language the locals are hideously rude to you. My advise would be to stay away. Come to London at least you can pronounce the food.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 08:43 AM
Ira

How interesting, I did two weeks in London and paris last spring. I agree that one week in each city is the way to do it.<BR><BR>Parisians have become much more tourist friendly in the last few years.<BR>

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 08:51 AM
trying

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 05:43 PM
Mary

I took 4 trips to London in 3 years, spending 10 days each time - and never got tired of it! The museums are terrific, the parks are beautiful, and it's easy to take daytrips on the train.<BR>Last year I took 2 trips to Paris for 12 days each, and am ready to go back!<BR>Bottom line: they are both wonderful cities. For this trip, do a week in each. I'm sure you'll want to go back for more!

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 05:51 PM
Mina

I agree...if it's your first time, definitely a week in each so you can decide which you would have stayed in longer!<BR><BR>Try to fly into one and out the other. We took the eurostar from London to Paris. <BR><BR>A week in both wasn't enough for me.