London - Millenium Dome

Old Jan 11th, 2000, 04:39 AM
Roberto

London - Millenium Dome

Please, Has someone visited the London - Millenium Dome?
Is it worth

Old Jan 13th, 2000, 03:12 PM
Jerry

Spent most of the day 1-12 at the Dome. There is a 40minute Blackadder movie that we thought was great. The big show in the arena is about 45 minutes. It was colorful, had good music enjoyable acrobatics. Not much theme though, but pretty good over all. The approx. 14 exhibits around the arena were pretty mediocre. I'm afraid we've been spoiled by Disney and Epcot. Since the Dome plans to be active only a year or so they can't afford to put their money into the production that Disney can, and it shows. I've heard that grade school children enjoyed it much but us adults, age 16 to 72 were not very impressed. "The Body" was supposed to be good and the line was 45 minutes long, but we were all disappointed. Anyhow this is the opinion of our group of 6. Good luck.

Old Jan 15th, 2000, 11:58 PM
Richard

Our group of six (ages 50+) give the Millenium Dome a thumbs up. We spent most of the day there on Jan 11th and had a great time. It's certainly not Epcot, but we thought the exhibits were quite varied and well done. Kids will certainly enjoy all of the interactive stuff. There is quite a variety of foods available at reasonable prices. About half of what you would pay at Epcot. Go on a weekday if you can. There were about 5000 in attendence on Tuesday compared on 25,000 on Saturday. The best souvenir was a legal tender 5 special millenium coin that is minted at the Dome. It is packaged similar to a proof coin and the cost is 10. Please email me if you have specific questions regarding transportation to the dome, booking tickets, etc.

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 09:29 PM
charlie

I agree with Richard. The Dome was well worth the price of admission. The arena show was especially nice. Skip the exhibits with lines as the lines disappear later in the day.

Old Jan 20th, 2000, 07:01 AM
bladderfan

Jerry-do you know if the Blackadder movie will ever be released on video here in the US? I heard a rumor that it would only be shown at the Dome for one year and then retired forever. Can this be true? Shall I start planning my trip to London ASAP?