Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Where will you go for a couple more days?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 06:00 PM
yoly

Hi: <BR>We are plannig(my husband,3 friends and myself) a trip to italy at the end of march. We have decide 3 days in Rome, 3 days in Florence but we are not sure about Venice because we think it will be too cold plus the hotels we have find so far are expensive for us around the san marcos area. We are in a budgett not more than 150usd per a triple room. do you have a good option? My husband and 2 friends are going to London and Me and my friend have the oportunity to stay a couple more days, where will you go?

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 06:43 PM
steve

If you have never been to Venice I would definately go there. It is totally unique and highly interesting. Search this forum for an abundance of suggestions for hotels, restaurants etc. We liked the Hotel Bisanzio which is a short walk from San Marco as is the charming Hotel Flora. They might be a bit more expensive than your budget, but I'm sure you should be able to find some place affordable if they are. <BR>It is rare to hear anyone not enjoying a trip to Venice.

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 07:47 PM
yoly

Thanks for your advice about Venice. I'll search for the hotels you told me. I plan to stay in Venice for 2 days. Where will you go after Venice? I have 2 more days!!! <BR>I'll take a flight back in milan.

Old Jan 20th, 2000, 04:45 AM
howard

I would add at least one day in Rome. And, even four days isn't enough to cover everything. And, I would add another day in Venice. You can never spend too much time in this magical city!

Old Jan 20th, 2000, 07:34 AM
Dawn

6 years ago, I stayed in Venice on my own. I did not have reservations. I just walked up to a hotel, close to the train station, several blocks, and asked for a room. This was early July. The room which was clean and the bathroom was right outside of my door was 32,000 lira a night, yep, you read that right. I still have the bill of sale for proof. The end of March is a nice time, not too hot or cold, and not too crowded. Once in Venice you won't care about staying at a "nice" place, you'll just be happy you're there. The place I stayed in was fine, I was hardly ever in my room.