Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

London Marriott County Hall - Has anyone stayed?

Old Sep 17th, 2000, 03:44 AM
MJ

Has anyone stayed at the London Marriott County Hall hotel? Any thoughts on this hotel? The hotel description says the hotel is within a short distance from the major tourist attractions.

Old Sep 17th, 2000, 01:10 PM
Terry

Dear MJ, I have not stayed at this hotel but it has a great location on the south bank of the Thames at Westminster Bridge. The County Hall building, in which the Marriot is located, is impressive. I walked through the courtyard and into the lobby of the Marriot and found it to be beautiful. Wish I could have afforded to stay there. You would be within a 5 - 10 minute walk to Parliament, Westminster Abbey, the London Eye, and the London Aquarium.

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 04:47 AM
elavine

this hotel has I believe been mentioned favorably many times on this forum.
Try doing a Search here for it, if the Search engine is working

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 07:03 PM
sandy

Hi MJ, I did not stay at this Hotel, But did check it out as well, and it looks wonderfull, I stayed at the Marriott Hotel at Regents Park, but was some what disapointed in it. It was a pretty old and small Hotel for a Marriott, I wish I could of stayed at the County Hall, youll have a great time.

Old Sep 24th, 2000, 06:01 PM
Dana

Hi,

I stayed at this hotel in August. It was quite nice. We were staying there on Marriott Reward Points, so we had a hotel at the opposite end to the entrance....about a 10 minute walk!, but the people were nice and helpful. The water pressure was alright, not fantastic but not horrible. I would stay there again. There is a bus stop right outside the entrance to the hotel, which was quite convenient at the end of the day, and a MacDonalds on the side of the hotel but the London Eye. It is also across the street from St. Thomas Hospital where the Florence Nightingale Museum is. Not many people seem to know about it, but it was inexpensive and we had a great time looking around in it. Anyway, I would stay there again