Reload this Page >

London Marriage Proposal

Search

London Marriage Proposal

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Joe

London Marriage Proposal

Ok, time to pop the big question to my girlfriend on our trip to London. First, how do I get the ring safely from the U.S. to London. Don't want to pack it in my bags, don't want to risk being searched at customs and have her find out that way. Any ideas? Next dilemma...where in London is the most romantic place for a marriage proposal?

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 12:54 PM
xxx

Would packing in in your carry on work? <BR><BR>London is gorgeous. Little Venice, Hyde Park by the Serpentine, cruise down the Thames, Regent's Park... good luck!

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 01:00 PM
kavey

Depends what kind of romantic you want. You could do it at the top of the ride on the London Eye at sunset... but you'd be sharing your car with up to 22 others. <BR><BR>But then again, they could take your photo and congratulate you.<BR><BR>If you want somewhere more private, there are many beautiful parks in London too.<BR><BR>

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 01:11 PM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>romantic place to propose ............<BR><BR>Top of the stairs to the tower of the 17c monument to the great fire of London.<BR><BR>She'll be so exhausted she won't be able to say no.<BR><BR>Peter<BR>http://tlp.netfirms.com<BR>

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 01:28 PM
Shanna

Joe, put it in the carryon, but have it easily accessible so the inspector finding it and opening it won't be a such a big deal that she would notice. I think a romantic woman would love to get engaged in some meaningful place. Not knowing your bride, can't say what that would be. Is she a literature fan? Then maybe on one knee in Westminster's Poet's Corner. Sailor? There are boat rides on the Thames. Gardner? The Palm house in Kew Gardens. Party girl? Maybe just make a big announcement to all in some great pub - assuming of course that you know she'll say yes. You know her best and your reasons for going to London. Determine what owns a place in her heart (besides you) and use that to help you choose. Best wishes.

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 05:39 PM
Sylvia

Joe, I vote for Parliament Hill as your proposal place. It overlooks the city. Hampstead Heath is occupied by mostly locals walking their dogs, jogging, strolling with children. Take the tube to Belsize Park and ask for directions to East Heath. Whatever you pick--I'm sure London will be a joyful memory for you both!

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 06:14 PM
Leslie

There was a thread similar to this about a month ago with lots of good suggestions. It's titled "where to propose". I'll top it for you.