London late July

Search

London late July

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London late July

Putting a flight+hotel package together(attempting) is everyone comfortable with the Priceline bidding situation..or biddingfortravel.com ? I am unfamiliar with bidding for travel plans, but am willing to listen and learn. Arriving early morning on a Friday..staying in London..wanting to see the must sees in London,curious about Bath, York, and the Cotswolds..and want to bike AND do a few hour horseback ride in the country one day. This is a lot to ask for 7 days(flying out on the next Thursday) but, we can handle it. Until this morning, I was set on using London only the first two days, then traveling to the Cotswolds, staying at The Eight Bells there, then the Isbourne Manor House the next night or so, back to London, and on back to the U.S. Should I rent a car? I have no fear of driving there and it looks like navigating all that we want to see would necessitate too much time on public transportation..tubes, busses, trains, etc. whatever. Thanks to any and all who can help. FIRST time to London by the way(as if you couldn't guess?) OH..last thing...Wanting a truly Brit hotel, but after reading way too much on Trip Advisor, Foder, etc, I am thinking the Holiday Inn Kensington or Mayfair may be right for us. Now, I'll stop. Thanks.
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 09:17 AM

Sorry - but that was just stream of consciousness. Could you please turn it into one - or more - specific questions - otherwise I don't have a clue where to begin.
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 09:27 AM

I agree w/ nytraveler. This is really a muddle - you need lots of advice but first you need to focus a bit.

There are lots of threads already on here about PriceLine zones in London, renting cars in the UK, day trips from London, the Cotswolds, Bath, York, bike riding, and on and on.

Just remember you really only have 6 days, since thurs is your departure day. That is not much for even just London and a couple of days in the Cotswolds, let alone all the othere things you want to do. . . . . .
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 09:32 AM

If you're asking does it make sense to hire a car to drive to the Cotswolds: yes

If you're asking whether it makes sense to hire a car to drive round central London because you think navigating round central London by public transport will be too tricky: absolutely not. London's not nearly as difficult to drive in as many of the wooses that have hissy fits about it on this board make out. But if you think you're going to struggle to get a tube from Kendington to the Tower, you've absolutely zero chance of driving from one to t'other, finding a car park then walking.

They seem to be your only questions.
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Good point. I will find those threads. I think it comes down to then, with limited days..is going to the Cotswolds for a day or two worth it or would day trips to York, Bath or elsewhere be better. Thanks.