Search

London: Jurys Inn, Chelsea

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London: Jurys Inn, Chelsea

Hello

We are in a desperate search for decent accomodation in London in August.

The Jurys Inn (never noticed the pun till I typed it) Chelsea has good rates for our 5 days in mid August. The address is
Imperial Road, Imperial Wharf, London, London, SW6 2GA, England

We have been to London 4 or 5 times but never stayed outside the more central areas. I am not familiar with this location but would love feedback.

Thanks
Old May 18th, 2009, 07:37 AM
yk

It does sound like it's not at the most convenient location. You'll be taking a bus to the nearest tube station.

If you're the type who are out all day until end of the day, the hotel will be fine.

If you're the type who like to return to the hotel for a rest/change before going back out for dinner or theatre or shows, then you may find the hotel a bit inconvenient.
Old May 18th, 2009, 08:24 AM

Did you try some discount sites like www.londontown.com? or even priceline or hotwire? On londontown.com you can search for hotels by date and then sort by price and see them on a map. If you were looking at what I found on jurysinn.com of 89 pounds per night, you would still likely have a lot of good choices in that range on londontown.com in August in closer proximity to sightseeing areas.
Old May 18th, 2009, 08:50 AM

I stayed at a neighboring hotel in Chelsea and found it very difficult to get around. Either we ate at a few of the neighboring restaurants or took a 15 pound taxi ride into a more central area. I'd suggest looking for other options, even outside the center but closer to a tube stop.
Old May 18th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for this information. It is all really helpful. I have been combing the Priceline sites and also Hotwire. I do agree that I can probably do as well, and get a better location.

I'm going to look at londontown.com now. I will be posting on this topic again, I'm sure.