Search

London in March

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2002, 05:46 AM
ishulan

London in March

I am planning to travel to London in March. First, what kind of temperatures are there at that time. Any suggestions on tours from the US. I was scheduled on Globus in October but cancelled due to current events at that time and don't want to use them again. I would like to be there about 9 days and have some tours outside the city included with some meals as I will be going solo. Thanks for your help. Annie

Old Jan 12th, 2002, 05:53 AM
michelle

I was in London for my birthday in March in London not long ago-it was chilly,windy,and mostly sunny.I would say mostly 50's days,30's at night..the wind is what made things cold..but it is great anyway~<BR>We used ABC Tours out of NJ the first time we went to London, everything was great, flew Virgin,stayed at the St James Court which was a very good/still is-hotel near Buckingham Palace.Good luck, London is a wonderful place~

Old Jan 12th, 2002, 06:16 AM
bonnie

Annie: I was in London last March(16-26) and it was much colder than I had expected. We even had sleet a couple of days. You can look at a website for Weather Underground which will give you historical data for specific dates and that might help. I would keep checking the weather up until you leave and adjust your clothes accordingly. Of course, if you need extra gloves, caps, etc. you can always buy them in London as souvenirs. And I think last spring may have been exceptionally cold if the locals were right. We didn't go outside the city so I can't help you with tours, but the attractions we visited were certainly not crowded that time of year. I guess I'm rambling so I'll close with the suggestion that you definitely pack some lightweight long underwear, it can be a lifesaver.

Old Jan 12th, 2002, 01:07 PM
janis

With airfares at all time lows and lots of hotel specials running, I wouls not go on a tour. Book your own flight and rooms and you will save a LOT of money. Then while in London, if you want to take day tours out of the city just go to any tourist infromation office - a very convenient one is at Victoria Station - and they wll make suggestions and make your reservations.

Old Jan 12th, 2002, 01:14 PM
karen

Annie, You might check go-today.com. They have air/hotel packages at good prices. Then you could book day and/or evening tours when you get there. Have a great trip.

Old Jan 12th, 2002, 09:14 PM
gary

Last March when I was there it was upper 40s/low 50s in the day and very damp. Only saw the sun once. Good excuse to buy a new woolen sweater (which I had planned to do anyway!) It was the wettest year in 300 years, I was told.<BR><BR>I hear the weather this year has been pretty awful again.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 10:09 AM
amanda

I, too, was in London last March (10-17). Some sun, but more clouds and drizzle. Don't forget the 'brelly!<BR><BR>We went on a Virgin Atlantic package and loved it - stayed at Plaza Hyde Park.<BR><BR>I recommend Astral Tours - took their "Stones and Bones" tour. They use small vans and our guide was great.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 10:15 AM
elaine

Hi<BR>Are you sure you want a tour?<BR>I've been to London on my own, including day trips, and it's easy, I think.<BR>I have a file on London; if you'd like to see it email me.<BR>Tour or solo, have a great trip.