london hotels & priceline?

Apr 19th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

london hotels & priceline?

I have read that many have suggested to use Priceline for a hotel in london. After looking at biddingfortravel it seems that people are bidding on 4* properties. Are the 3* in London bad? Suggestions on areas also please. Ideally we would like to spend under 150.00 US dollars a night for 9 nights. Thanks in Advance for your advice.
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:23 AM

I have not had a bad experience with Priceline 3* hotels in London. They have all been Holiday Inns, although you could get something different. Some Holiday Inns are 4* also.
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Original Poster

What areas would you prefer for 3* lower cost areas in London. Clean and easy access most important. We won't be spending much time in the room. What about the notting hill zone?
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:55 AM

I'd personally not bid in that zone because it covers some less than convenient areas and some sort of seedy one. The quality of hotels you'd get on PL would be fine, but the neighborhood maybe not as good.

I stick to the tried and true zones that are more central.

I'd also avoid the Bloomsbury zone since most of its hotels seem to be in Kings Cross
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:58 AM

www.biddingfortravel.com is an excellent resource for using Priceline.

If you read through winning bids and the hotel reviews, you'll get an idea of why people bid only certain areas or stick to 4* or more hotels.

For example, many would not bid a certain area or a 3* in order to avoid a certain hotel.

On the other hand, if you really want to economize, and do not overbid, you will probably be just thrilled considering the enormous savings.
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:20 PM

if you want to keep it under $150, you certainly should be able to do so even at the four star level unless you insist on mayfair area.

good luck, but read up so you do not OVERBID.