Search

London Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 1999, 10:29 AM
Michele

London Hotels

Thinking of going to London in November and would like some recommendations of hotels (not too expensive, but centrally located) from any of you who have been there. Must have private bathroom. All input welcome and if you can supply addresses and/or phone numbers too that would be a great help! Thank you in advance. <BR>Michele

Old Jul 13th, 1999, 07:05 PM
jim

check out the travel inn, county hall, on the thames near big ben. fairly central, $100/night, new hotel (opened last year apparently). it's not quaint, but more like a holiday inn, but people are raving about it in the forums (do a search "travel inn" and check out the washington post article that someone pasted). i booked it for my parents this fall. and i REALLY searched a lot of places. many hotels are way overpriced in london. travel inn sounds like a great value.

Old Jul 13th, 1999, 07:05 PM
jim

check out the travel inn, county hall, on the thames near big ben. fairly central, $100/night, new hotel (opened last year apparently). it's not quaint, but more like a holiday inn, but people are raving about it in the forums (do a search "travel inn" and check out the washington post article that someone pasted). i booked it for my parents this fall. and i REALLY searched a lot of places. many hotels are way overpriced in london. travel inn sounds like a great value.

Old Jul 13th, 1999, 07:44 PM
jj

<BR>We had a nice time at the London Elizabeth Hotel just north of Kensington Gardens. The tube station is about half a block away, and we negotiated a room down from 165 pounds to 125.

Old Jul 14th, 1999, 02:41 PM
David

We just stayed at the Swiss House Hotel; which is about a 15 room hotel/bed and breakfast. In the South Kensington area; very nice location. Nice clean small hotel ...beautiful street and area. Near the tube (gloucester road station) At 171 Old Brompton Road. Tele: 0171 373 2769. We paid 86lb. for an oversized double; regular doubles were 76lb. Our room had a window towards the back with beautiful green garden area view.

Old Jul 14th, 1999, 06:20 PM
Martha

I was just in London and stayed at the Diplomat Hotel in the Belgravia section of town, just south of Knightsbridge. It was a very convenient location, yet in a nice residential area. I paid 90 pounds a night for a single with a private bath. They have a link through s-h-systems.com. Very clean hotel and friendly staff. <BR>Martha <BR>

Old Jul 15th, 1999, 08:44 AM
Michele

Thank you all for your input. I can not seem to find anything on the Travel Inn, County Hall that many of you mentioned. I can't seem to get it on the internet or I am searching wrong. Can anyone give me a website I can find further information on it and/or a telephone number for it? I would really like to learn more about it. Thank you. <BR>Michele

Old Jul 15th, 1999, 09:17 AM
wes fowler

Michele, <BR>Check the website: <BR>www.theaa.co.uk/region9/98647.html <BR> <BR>You'll find information regarding the London County Hall Travel Inn at this site. The site is that of the Royal Automobile Association, the counterpart of the U.S.'s AAA. I note that the site lists at least two other Travel Inns in the London area in addition to the County Hall.

Old Jul 16th, 1999, 03:58 PM
Kathy

Harlingford hotel 4 blocks from Russell Sq Tube 78.00 lbs eq 127.00 inc full cooked brkfast and great coffee. Rooms are a bit small but very nice and have small bathrooms with shower and toilet. Great location Near British Museum. If you can get an Aug 98 issue of Conde Nast traveler see page 34 for 6 hotels in London for under 150.00 USD. addrs is 61-63 Cartright Gardens .PH 387 1551 fax 387-4616

Old Jul 16th, 1999, 08:06 PM
jj

Michele: Try Londontown.com for the London website or travelguides.com for B&B info. <BR>

Old Jul 18th, 1999, 08:22 AM
jim

Michele: <BR>Travel Inn; www.travelinn.co.uk <BR>They quote 59 pounds - about $100 but does not include even contin. breakfast. <BR>Try: www.infotel.co.uk for a wonderful listing by area. <BR>I've booked the Thanet in Bloomsbury via the internet for 62 pounds but this includes full English Break. and private bath. (recomm. by Frommers) <BR>Jim

Old Jul 18th, 1999, 07:06 PM
jim

the phone number for the travel inn, county hall is 011 441 71 902 1600. it's on belvedere road, london. .