london hotels

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 11:21 PM
susan

london hotels

We are looking for a great hotel or B&B in London in the $200 or less range, we are very casual and come from Hawaii. We will be in London May 24-30. Mahalo

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 06:28 AM
Tina

Try the Morgan Hotel @ 24 Bloomsbury St & Great Russell St.

Don't know if they have their own website (fairly small), however can be accessed thru:
http://www.theinnkeeper.co.uk/grel/46889.html

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 06:35 AM
Mel

I've booked on Smoothhounds: http://www.s-h-systems.co.uk/
and http://www.hotel-assist.com/ ( prefer the latter for choice). On hotel-assist, check out the Burns and the Montana. Both great hotels located in a great area (Kensington) and should run you under $150 per room.

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 08:16 AM
Ada

Susan,
Try the Regency House Hotel.
It is small and simple and only around 100 dollars for double room.
Tel: 207-6371804
Fax: 207-3235077
71 Gower St (about 2 blocks from the underground).
We stayed there twice with the whole family, children and grandchildren and found it very friendly and pleasant.
Ada

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 08:24 AM
Kay

I suggest Five Sumner Place. They have a website.

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 08:25 AM
Mel

Susan:
Could you tell me more about the Regency House? Sounds like a HUGE deal! Private bathrooms? Location? Near which underground?
Thanks very much!

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 06:43 AM
Eugene

Two weeks ago I stayed in St. Giles (London) hotel for four nights. It's a big three-star hotel, great location (a five-minute walk to the British Museum). For four nights, I paid 296 pounds (approximately $420). The rooms were kind of small, though (especially by American standards). Still, check it out at www.stgiles.com. If you decide to go with it, make reservations on their website (you won't find a better deal).

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 06:53 AM
Curt

Strong second for the Morgan-great family run hotel and one I have used many times and always return to. Check it out.

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 06:55 AM
Paulie

Only down side to Morgan is that is so popular that it is highly unlikely that you will find any open rooms May of this year...you need to book WAY in advance to get into the hotel.

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 07:03 AM
Beth

You will see many recomendations on this board for the Radisson Edwardian hotels. www.radisson.com i stayed at the Radisson Edwardian kenilworth in bloomsbury recently. it was about $200/night and i saw the Rad Ed. Montblatten down the street ($225) both nice hotels with large rooms and good service and both are 4 stars (out of 5) More moderately pried (3 star) but clean, omfortable and in a great loation right by the Marble Arch is Rad. Ed. Savoy. I'll try to stay ther next time.

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 07:07 AM
s.fowler

We stayed at the Best Western Bryanston Court a number of years ago and found it well located. It is on Great Cumberland St. near Marble Arch. It is still within your price range I think.