London - Heathrow to hotel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! I'm heading to London in July and I was wondering what the best way to get to my hotel would be? I'm flying into Heathrow and my hotel is in Grosvenor Square? Would the tube be a logical choice? Your help is appreciated! Thanks.
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 01:34 PM

It really means what you mean by "best". Are you looking for the fastest, the most convenient, the least (or most) expensive? The choices include bus, train, the Tube, shuttle, taxi, limo, and I'm sure a few others I've missed. What are your priorities, and is this your first visit to London or not? Answers to those will allow people to give you the most helpful advice.
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 01:45 PM

The 2 most important pieces of information for advice are how many of you are there and how much luggage.

Tube is cheapest but involves lots of stairs and is not a good option with a lot of luggage.

The Heathrow Express train (goes into Paddington station) is faster than the tube & doesn't have the stairs problem but is not economical, last I looked, if there are more than 1 and you need a taxi from the train station which you would. They do have some discount fares (family, weekend) that might apply for you though so check it out at heathrowexpress.com

The air bus shuttle is ok but if your hotel is not one of the first stops, it takes forever.

For 2+ a prereserved car service is probably the best bet. Justairports.com has been the cheapest and most favored here lately. Paying cash will be cheaper than credit card. For more suggestions on other companies do a text search for cars from heathrow.
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! It is my first visit and my husbands second. We are getting in on Saturday morning at 0600. We would like to make it as cheap as possible and spend our $$ on other things. We live in a large city and rely on public transporation daily, so that is not an issue, we just want to make sure we are smart about it!

THANKS!
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 01:48 PM

This site can help you plan your journey by tube, which would be the cheapest option. Just pack light.

http://www.thetube.com and click on Journey Planner.
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 01:55 PM

Aircars2000.com

For 40GBP cash you'll get a Mercedes saloon and ultra courteous driver to meet you - the easiest and most convenient solution.
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your quick responses. I really appreciate it! I have a lot of research ahead of me!