London Heathrow Air Connections

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never having been to Europe before, I need some info on changing planes and transferring from Terminal Three to Terminal One. I am flying American Airlines into terminal three from Arizona, and then getting my baggage and self to terminal one for a flight on Iberia to Malaga. Return then from Iberia to Aer Lingusbound for Shannon Ireland. Any help would be appreciated re: where to go and times involved in the transfers.
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 02:11 PM

Is there any way you get can your luggage transferred automatically at Heathrow? Did you buy your ticket to Malaga separately from your ticket to London? If not, the airline should transfer the luggage for you. It'll save you some time after landing.

When you get to Heathrow, you have to follow the "Flight Connections" signs. Just look for the way to Terminal 1. You'll get on a bus at one point and you'll go through security at another. It's really quite easy.

If you check out the Heathrow Airport website (http://www.heathrowairport.com/), there should be info on how long it takes to connect between terminals.
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 02:14 PM

Here's what it says on the Heathrow website for going from Terminal 3 to 1:

<i>Connecting from Terminal 3 to Terminal 1 International
Your connection will take approximately 55 minutes, from landing to departure gate. From Terminal 3, take a coach to the Flight Connections Centre. Pass through customs and security and visit our airline desks before making your way by foot to Terminal 1.</i>
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 03:30 PM

AA and Iberia are oneworld partners so you should be able to check your bags thru. Ask and then double check that the destinations tags on them are correct for you final stop.
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 10:13 PM

Just to point out that Heathrow to Dublin is a DOMESTIC flight (common travel area) therefore you'll pass through immigration at Heathrow when returning from Spain.