Reload this Page >

London - Has anyone stayed here?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 1999, 12:15 PM
Maria

Greetings! <BR> <BR>Has anyone stayed at the Travistad, Royal National, or the President Hotel in London?

Old Jan 14th, 1999, 04:40 AM
Elena

Yes I have stayed in both Hotels (President and Royal National).Both hotels are old, rooms are pretty awful. If you can avoid it, try booking somewhere else. I would recommend Park Court (Hyde Park) very confortable but reasonable <BR>http://bhrline.com/7227p.htm <BR>or Waverley House Hotel (Russel Square) a new three star high standard hotel with reasonable rates. <BR <BR> <BR>

Old Jan 14th, 1999, 05:33 AM
Eileen

I've only been to London twice and stayed at the same hotel both times - and loved it there ... Stakis St. Ermins <BR>near St. James Park. Small, great attention to detail, great concierge, lovely afternoon tea in a beautiful lobby, etc. etc. Can't recall the price tho, the first time was an air/hotel pkg the second time we did it on our own. <BR> <BR>

Old Jan 18th, 1999, 12:43 PM
gary

<BR>I stayed at the Euston plaza hotel near the royal national and the tavistock and agree that they are old and the lobby of the royal national was like grand central station at rush hour. It was a very large hotel, the lobby reeked of smoke and i was happy i did not stay there.

Old Jan 18th, 1999, 01:20 PM
Jeff

Just as an FYI to the suggestion of St. Ermins. It was a hotel listed as a choice for a conference I went to a few months ago. It's a four star plus hotel with a conference "discount" rate of GBP 145. That's well over US$200 per night, <BR>and not exactly in the class of what we're talking about here. <BR> <BR>I was very happy to have booked through one of the many services. (www.hotel-uk.com) Hotels in Bloomsbury, Euston, Lancaster Gate, are available for more like $100-$125. There are several agencies that do the same, just look up London Hotels on any of the search engines and you'll find them. <BR>

Old Jan 18th, 1999, 07:02 PM
pheisey

My wife and I stayed at a lovely hotel in London called 16 Sumner Place. It was recommended to us by some english tourists. The hotel is totally unmarked by any sign. All the rooms are different and beautifully decorated. There is a simple breakfast with your choice of newspaper delivered to your room each morning. It was not cheap but on the other hand we had to spend one night at a more typical hotel and it was only slightly less expensive and charmless. <BR>