London Eye

Old Mar 2nd, 2000, 07:16 PM
Charlie Scruggs

London Eye

I haven't seen any new posts on the London Eye. I assume it opened March 1st. Would like to hear from anyone returning from London trip who has experienced the ride!! Thanks.

Old Mar 3rd, 2000, 04:21 PM
Sondra

Hi Charlie, About a week or so a go on this site there was a lot of info on the London Eye. A few people reported back on it and liked it. I ordered tickets already for my May trip. For this info. see past London Eye reports on this site. I heard it is sold out for this Month-March. It opened in February but, that was to the press, special pass holders, and politians. That is why the public has been getting advanced tickets. Hope this info. helps...

Old Mar 4th, 2000, 09:24 PM
charlie scrruggs

Sondra - Thanks for your input. I'll go back and research past posts. We will be in London May 20 for a week, then to Wales and Ireland. I'm a little spooky about heights, but wife is a daredevil. Thanks - Charlie

Old Mar 5th, 2000, 10:42 AM
Jane

I drove past London Eye this afternoon. Looks to be working fine now and was full of people. It goes much more slowly than a normal fair ground big wheel however and although absolutely huge is probably not too scary !

Old Mar 5th, 2000, 11:41 AM
Lori

Charlie,
I posted quite a few things about my efforts to contact the London Eye and what the recording was like to make reservations (very long and redundant). I finally made them for April 17th, as far as I can tell not many people on this forum have had a chance to ride it yet since it just opened in March. I'll let everyone know about it when we get back. We've been to London many times and this was the worst I've ever encountered in making reservations for anything. Good luck if you try it too.