London - Ceremony of the keys

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I reside in Canada. I will be in London in late March, 2010. I would like to visit the Ceremony of the Keys. How can I obtain a UK stamp for tickets to be mailed to me? Also, when is a good time to mail the request? I know on the website it is writen I can apply up to two months in advance. I will be travelling around Europe before I stop in London, so I need to make sure my tickets will arrive before I leave Canada. How long does it take to receive tickets by mail? Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you.u
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 01:11 PM

Are you sure the organization will not issue an electronic ticket or at least a voucher that you can print out and present for redemption when you arrive? If you must rely on the post office, you can buy an International Reply Coupon from Canada Post, to send with your ticket request. It can be redeemed in the UK for the necessary stamps. More information at this site:
http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/PG/ma...-e.asp#1378447
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Southam, I am aware of the international reply coupon. I was wondering if the this will be accepted or if I need to make sure I include a self addressed stamped envelope for the ticket. Unfortunately, there is no way to obtain an eticket.
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 02:14 PM

I just sent mine in. The Int'l Reply Coupon is basically used as postage. You also have to include a self addressed envelope. (a self addressed stamped envelope does nothing since they don't really care about the Canadian postage).

here's a link with the address:
http://www.hrp.org.uk/TowerOfLondon/...ofthekeys.aspx

I would mail it immediately. You may or may not receive it in time since they suggest to allow 2 months. I just sent mine in for late April request.

there is a thread I started recently and a few people responded that they had received tickets.
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 02:57 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Southam: No they do not issue vouchers.

Justshootme: Mail your request ASAP. Use an international reply coupon and follow the Tower's directions <u>to the letter</u>. Name(s) of each member, etc. Because if the info is missing they will send you a note to that effect and then you have to start over w/ a new SAE and International Reply Coupon.

It usually take 2 weeks or thereabouts to hear back from them. Longer during high season. I've attended 8 or 9 times. Last time I requested tickets (almost exactly a year ago) I got them by return post in 11 days.
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 02:59 PM

Meant to add - If you have flexibility which night you can attend, include all possible dates in their preferred order.
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Original Poster

Thank you janisj for your help. I'll get the letter in the mail tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed. Good thing you told me to include more than two dates, I was debating this.
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Original Poster

Silly question, is a hand written letter acceptable? I am having trouble with my printer? Just wondering if a hand written letter will be frowned on and ignored.
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 07:43 PM

Sure. Their answer to you will be hand written

It is an actual printed ticket but your details are entered by hand.
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Original Poster

Thank you janisj. I'll hope for the best. I really would like to attend.