London between XMAS and NY

Nov 1st, 2000, 05:12 PM
jill

London between XMAS and NY

Does anyone know if attractions such as museums, home tours, etc will be open? Also, what to do during ones first visit to London? Great neighborhoods, restaruants, trendy and chic. Also, will need a nice hotel for my first nite, would like one with a spa. Appreciate any responses. Jill

Nov 2nd, 2000, 04:22 AM
elaine

jill
I have a sightseeing file on London; if you'd like to see it, email me.
It would help to make recommendations for a first trip if you can say how many days you'll be there and what your primary interests are.
You only want a hotel for your first night? London is likely to be quite busy with tourists during that week, will you be staying elsewhere for the rest of your trip? Otherwise, book accommodations now for your entire London stay.

Nov 2nd, 2000, 04:36 AM
elaine

I brought the current thread on London restaurants and hotels to near the top again, for you

Nov 2nd, 2000, 08:30 AM
David White

Jill,

Most tourist attractions close on Christmas and many also close on Boxing Day (Dec 26th). That doesn't apply to everything though--for example, Westminster Abbey and St. Paul's will be open (but crowded).

The British Museum, Victoria and Albert, Science Museum, etc. will be closed Dec 25-26.

Hope this helps.

David White

http://www.KidsToLondon.com

Nov 5th, 2000, 04:11 PM
jill

Still looking for suggestions...Has anyone stayed at The Pelham?