Search

London Aquarium

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 01:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London Aquarium

Okay, so now that I have pretty much nixed the zoo (thanks for the feedback, by the way), what about the aquarium? Is it along the same lines as the zoo? If you couldn't tell already, I love animals.
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 02:31 PM

We went to the aquarium during the summer of 2000. I don't know how it rates among aquariums over the world, but we liked it better than the London zoo. My kids especially liked the display where they could touch stingrays!
Annette
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 02:02 AM

if you are in london before 30th april 2003 and if you have a valid travel card, you can get 2 people in to the aquarium for the price of 1 person! if you want more details, pick up a booklet at any tube station. they have a lot of 2 for 1 offers for other tourist attractions too!
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 04:14 AM

I have visited the Aquarium a couple of times, the last time was 2 weeks ago. I think it is a pretty good attraction with quite a wide variation of fish, from sharks to sea horses. One of the good things about it is that it is very close to the River Thames, Parliament and the London Eye, enabling you to see a lot in a short time.

It is quite expensive - Adults y8.75, Children (3-14 yrs.) y5.25, but as mentioned in another post deals are available. We have a two for one offer taken from a Thameslink leaflet at a station. Both of my kids really enjoyed the last trip, although i am sure there are better ones elsewhere i the world. If possible try to avoid it at a weekend.
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 11:11 AM

I just came back from London 4 weeks ago with my 21 month old son. He really enjoyed the Aquarium, especially the stingray pool.

Don't know what others said about the London Zoo...but we enjoyed it. Sure it's seen better days and we couldn't find the lions, butI think young kids will enjoy it. There is also another zoo in Battersea that is some kind of petting zoo. We didn't go there...but I did read recently that it may be closng due to lack of financial support.
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 02:45 PM
Original Poster

What about for adults?? See, we don't have children yet. So, what do you think now? Would it be a waste?
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 03:40 PM

The aquarium is okay. Worth doing before or after the nearby London Eye but not worth a special trip. Very crowded when we were there in August. Unpleasantly so.

I rather liked the zoo, actually. I was expecting a rather dreary place, but we had a good time. There were any number of interesting animal exhibits. Some of the first Harry Potter movie was filmed at the zoo, so that was a fun aspect as well. If you like animals and it's a nice day, why not? I'd actually rather do the London Zoo than the aquarium.
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 11:47 AM

LUV2TRAVEL: My mother and I liked the zoo. It was ok, it wasn't spectacular. The animals looked well fed and as content as one can be living in a cage. If you are an animal lover, then check it out.