London Apartment rental vs PriceLine ??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2008, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After comparing costs (via bidding for travel) that have been won on priceline for a 3 to 4 star hotel and looking at costs for a studio apartment- Does it make sense to just go with the apartment? My initial thoughts are you still may end up with a more unique experience in the apartment? Am I NOT thinking of something?? that I should be?? Any experiences to share or personal comparisons are appreciated. This would be much easier if I have been to London before. Thanks for your reply experience travelers!!!
Old Apr 21st, 2008, 02:04 PM

It depends what apartment you have in mind, and how much you plan to cook, how many people, and all those sorts of factors.

We stayed in Priceline hotels several times, and last year we stayed at a university residence, High Holborn Hall, where we had kitchen facilities.

In London, we definitely saved some money having kitchen facilities, but I also like the full-service aspect of nice business hotels. And even without a kitchen, you can still buy your own drinks, buy cheese, bread, fruit, etc.

Which way have you preferred to travel to other destinations?
Old Apr 21st, 2008, 08:02 PM
Original Poster

looking at hotting hill apartment. How is this area?? photos look great. We usually stay in a hotel room, the apartment would be a new experience which may be fun.
Old Apr 21st, 2008, 08:19 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Assuming you mean Notting Hill - it is generally fine, but what is the actual street? Some owners/agencies take a certain liberty describing where their flats are. I've seen places listed as being in Notting Hill when they are really in Ladbroke Grove or Shepherd's Bush
Old Apr 21st, 2008, 09:51 PM
Original Poster

All in know it is described as in the heart of Notting Hill within 4 minutes from Notting Hill tube station.
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 02:31 AM

I like hotels but love renting flats in London. For one thing, it's nice to have your morning coffee/tea/breakfast without having to dress.

In many cases you will have a washer/dryer in your flat. If you've been out stomping around all day, you can collapse at home with some really great take-out or ready meals from places like Marks & Spencer plus you can have snacks, drinks, etc. available much cheaper than in a hotel. Usually you'll have much more room, too.

You naturally won't have access to a concierge or front desk staff to answer questions. Personally, I don't care to have daily maid service but if that's important, not all flats provide it except at extra cost.
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

Much appreciation for all your suggestions and comments. Thanks!