London Apartment Rental

Search

London Apartment Rental

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2003, 10:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London Apartment Rental

Has anyone rented an apartment through A Place Called Home? We've always stayed in hotels/B&Bs, but thought we (husband and 10 year old daughter) might like to try an apartment for a week in London (our first). Several properties in the Sloane Square and South Kensington areas look nice, and the price (850 to 1100 per week) is tempting. What scares me is the non-refundable 50% deposit. Any thoughts?
Old Jul 24th, 2003, 12:18 PM

No, I have not rented through the agency you mention. However, I can recommend Regency Internation Apartments and Villas. They have some lovely selections in the mid-range in London that you might want to consider. Excellent locations.....rates vary somewhat but a bargain compared to hotels.

You can find them on the web at:
http://www.regencyintapts.com/
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 04:16 AM

We used a company called
www.London4rent.com
we were pleased with the service & price
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 11:07 AM
Original Poster

I'm finding the same apartments listed with several agencies. It's obvious. (Many are the same description verbatim). The prices are what varies. Sometimes up to $600. Can anyone explain this to me?
Old Jul 26th, 2003, 09:32 AM

SLKB,
Can you give me a website address for 'A Place Called Home'?
I'd like to check them out for friends who are visiting London...
Thanks so much,
Firefly
Old Jul 26th, 2003, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Firefly,

www.aplacelikehomelondon.com
Old Jul 26th, 2003, 10:42 PM

I was going in October to London but have now changed to greece (circumstances) however, found a great & CHEAP apartment outsaide London on the train next to Epping Forrest.
It was on the B&B net site - you can email mark on [email protected] and ask about B&B Ref No. ELBB001 - East London. It was GBP150 for 5 daYS OR gbp30 per night for a beautiful self catering apartment. You can view on www.ukbnb.net/elbb001.htm . Also good looking was www.londonlodge.com - have a look - cheap but also central, but not self catering from what i can see. Both though heaps cheaper than those other apartments, and on what you save you could pay for carhire to dart into surrounding counties, or on the train rides into central... epping forest is gorgeous and being so close your tewn year old would live the walks im sure...
Old Jul 27th, 2003, 02:06 AM

Have you looked at Dolphin Square? This is a large apartment block in Pimlico, on the river. We have stayed there several times, and always thought it was very good value. I just checked rates for end of August, and they were quoting 99 for a one bedroom apartment, kitchen, living room. www.dolphinsquarehotel.co.uk. And they have an indoor pool.