London & Paris in June

Search

London & Paris in June

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London & Paris in June

We are traveling to Paris and London in June with two teenagers. Arriving in London and taking the Eurostar (4 hours later) to Paris. We are staying 7 nights in Paris and have booked the Citadines at St. Germaines de Pres. My plan was to do the Eiffel Tower on Day 1, Day 2 the Louvre, Seine River trip and the Opera House, Day 3 the D'orsay, Notre Dame and Place de la Concorde. Day 4 Arc de Triomphe and Champs-Elysees, Day 5 Sacre -Coeur and Montmarte, Day 6 Versailles - leaving two days for just walking and seeing. Then back on the Eurostar to London - again staying at the Citadines in Trafalgar square. Day 1 - Westminster Abbey and tea - somewhere?, Day 2- Big Bus Tour and then Wicked in the evening. Day 3 Tower of London (early) lunch and Harrods shopping (with 15 year old girl) then Mary Poppins in the evening. Day 4, British Museum and St. Pauls

What do people think of this itinerary, the hotels don't thrill me but I prefer not to have my two teenagers (18 & 15) alone in a hotel room. Restaurant suggestions are most welcome!!
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 08:31 AM

Hi, g...

Just a few thoughts:

Is there anyway to fly into Paris and out of London, so you don't have to backtrack?

Otherwise, your itineraries sound very reasonable and not frantic.

But, on Day 3 in London, I'd visit the Tower in the morning, then St. Paul's in the afternoon, since St. Paul's is relatively close to the Tower. Make sure you climb up (pant, pant) to the dome for an incredible view.

On Day 4 in London, I'd add the British Library (not to be missed, IMHO) to the British Museum, since it's about a 15-20 minute walk away.

I'm sure you'll have a great time.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 08:33 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Don't have time just now for detailed answers about your itinerary -- but &quot;<i>Arriving in London and taking the Eurostar (4 hours later) to Paris</i>&quot;

Which airport are you arriving? 4 hours from touchdown is not very long to make it to Waterloo 30-45 minutes before a Eurostar.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 08:53 AM

Make sure you know which days of the week various sites are closed or open late...

Check out Fat Tire Bike Tours which meet under the Eiffel Tower. Perfect activity for day one to help you get a feel for the layout of the city. I think your teens would really enjoy it.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 08:59 AM

Have you considered doing one of the really great new family-friendly vacations? It would be so much easier on you and you would still see all of the sights, stay in 4-5 star hotels, have guides, transportation, most of your meals? The hotels are upscale and family-friendly, which would allow you to stay together in nicer hotels. Price would be very similar to this independent itinerary and you wouldn't have to worry about the details - just sit back and enjoy!

Have a great day!
Julia
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 09:02 AM

Is the 18 year old a boy? Our teenage sons liked the Imperial War Museum almost more than anything else in London. We went twice. Teenagers also liked the Covenant Gardens area and London Eye.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 09:12 AM

You will have a great time - if you can request tickets to the changing of the keys ceremony at the Tower of London - its held at night when they lock up the tower. Pretty cool - even for older kids. As touristy as it sounds - the London Eye was fun too. Catch lunch at Pizza Express - cheap - for London. Harvey Nicols has great shopping as well.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 09:37 AM

With a teenage girl, go shopping at Topshop on Oxford Circus. By all means, go to Harrods too, but buy at Topshop.
And Portobello Road on Saturday Morning if you're there on a Saturday.