Reload this Page >

London & Paris accomodations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20th, 2000, 08:35 PM
Joyce

First trip to London, want to see as much as possible. What is the best area/hotel to be based in? <BR>Going on to Paris, same question again. <BR>Many thanks! <BR> <BR>

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 01:04 AM
Tangata

I can't help you with paris but if you are staying a week or longer in London have you considered an apartment? Have a look at &lt;http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/ind...y/2477.htm&gt;. This is the apartment we rented earlier this year. In The City, close to the tube within walking os St pauls and the Museum of London. (Not to be missed). Much cheaper than hotels and cheaper also for meals, laundry etc. The site should give you a link to the home page that offers dozens of choices. i know that similar accommodation is available in Paris.

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 01:16 AM
kimerley

try Uni accommodation, open only for tourists in their holidays. <BR>We are staying at the Imperial College, Buit Hall in South Kensington. Right next to the Albert Hall. Cost per night 58 pounds for a single room with ensuite, July 2001. <BR>write to me if you would like the site.

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 01:18 AM
kimerley

oops, forgot Paris. Try the 4,5,6 area of Paris. Plenty of recommendations if you do a search on this site.

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 04:18 AM
elaine

Hi <BR>I have files on London and on Paris; if you'd like to see them, email me <BR>A good guidebook and a map for each city will be very helpful for you to have to get an orientation.

Old Nov 22nd, 2000, 09:13 AM
Thomas

If you are looking for something special in an apartment try: www.hotelapartments.com. Not inexpensive but classy.

Old Nov 22nd, 2000, 01:14 PM
mike

Wot no web site?? <BR> <BR>Saw a recommendation for upmarket London B&B agency in a magazine this month. Uptown Reservations, 020 7351 3445. Prices £65-85 for B&B with bath, in private houses.

Old Nov 23rd, 2000, 05:15 AM
Sanne

Hi Joyce. <BR> <BR>I strongly recommend the Marais quarter in Paris. <BR> <BR>It isn't as overcrowded as St.Germain and it has some beautiful and small charming hotels. <BR> <BR>Try: Grand Hotel Jeanne D'Arc IF you can get room. Normally it's booked several months in advance. <BR> <BR>You can find more info on this hotel if you look into www.parishotels.com. Go into the Marais area and click on the number 11 icon. <BR> <BR>I - myself - have lived in Paris for some years and normally don't need hotel in Paris, but twice I have tried this one and it's great. Very friendly staff - clean - a good atmosphere. Just around the corner are some small very charming restaurants and you're close to everything, i.e. Place Vosges, one of the most charming squares in Europe. <BR>Try and look into this list, as a matter of fact there are quit some nice hotels. <BR> <BR>Sanne