Reload this Page >

London accomodations

Search

London accomodations

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 1998, 07:12 PM
Gale

London accomodations

What can anyone tell me about the Crystal Palace Apartment on Anerly Road in London, SE19? Is it clean and comfortable? Is it a convenient for touring London? <BR> <BR>I'm looking for a convenient family location that doesn't cost a huge amount. <BR> <BR>This will be our first trip to London. I would appreciate any suggestions concerning where to stay. <BR> <BR>My e-mail address is [email protected] <BR> <BR>Thanks, Gale

Old Sep 24th, 1998, 05:41 AM
janette

Dear Gale <BR>I too will be travelling with my family to London and have scurged the internet for family accommodation. Its very hard to know what your going to end up with. try these hotel sights <BR>www.s-h-systems.co.uk <BR>www.visitus.co.uk <BR>Goodluck!! <BR>

Old Sep 24th, 1998, 06:38 AM
marcie

If I may make a suggestion, a lot of help can be obtained here on this forum if you can make your questions a little more specific. I learnt this from months back when I was planning my UK/Europe trip. It works well if you decide what you will be doing, therefore where you would like to be located. For instance, if you plan to to a lot of train travel, you may post a query for somewhere close to Picadilly station for instance. Similarly if you plan to see a show each evening, ask for something central for this area. Also if you have an idea of your budget, narrow it down this way by giving your price range per night. Then title your query accordingly, ie hotel near x in london in x price range. I hope this is helpful as I really found it made a difference to the number of replies I received. Best of luck.

Old Sep 27th, 1998, 12:53 PM
Wendy

Gale: My family of two adults and two children stayed at the London Guards Hotel this summer in a large, clean family room for 101 pounds per night including a very small continental breakfast. The location in Bayswater was great, only minutes from the Lancaster Gate tube and two blocks from Kensington Gardens. You can see pictures and get further information at www.demon.co.uk/hotel-uk/guards.html <BR>I also highly recommend Cheap Eats in London and Cheap Sleeps in London by Gustafson. We were very happy with each of the 5 or 6 restaurants we chose from the Cheap Eats guide. I have read many happy posts on this site from users of the Cheap Sleeps guide though I know that not every place has family rooms. <BR>Have a great trip!

Old Sep 27th, 1998, 01:23 PM
Royce

We could recommend The Collin House on Ebury street, two blocks from Victoria Station. We had a family room the summer of 1997 for about $125.

Old Sep 27th, 1998, 02:32 PM
Marcia

We stayed this summer at the Morgan Hotel in a 1 bedroom apartment with fully equipped kitchen - Bloomsbury St., around the corner from the Briitsh Museum and 2-3 blocks from the Shaftesbury Theater. 130UK pounds - a little higher than these others, but it included a huge breakfast and if one had really utilitized the kitchen for lunch and/or dinner, money would be saved. <BR> Suggest you do a specific keyword search on this site for London Apartments or London Hotels, or London Family Hotels and see what comes up. This has been discussed several times. <BR> Have fun

Old Sep 30th, 1998, 06:02 AM
curt

Strongly second the idea of the Morgan, I have stayed there many times both in the apartment and the hotel and it is an excellent choice. Great family run place and one I always return to time after time after time. If they are sold out when I am in London I am heartbroken!

Old Sep 30th, 1998, 06:03 AM
curt

Strongly second the idea of the Morgan, I have stayed there many times both in the apartment and the hotel and it is an excellent choice. Great family run place and one I always return to time after time after time. If they are sold out when I am in London I am heartbroken!

Old Sep 30th, 1998, 06:03 AM
curt

Old Sep 30th, 1998, 07:05 AM
billybob

I like the Heathrow Hilton. Pricey but worth it to catch planes.

Old Oct 2nd, 1998, 07:44 PM
Gale

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions or gave me advice. I can see I have a great deal to learn--both about this forum and about London. <BR>Thanks, Gale