I realize that my question may have an ethical component...but please bear with me and answer anyway.
Background: In earlier trips we had flown into Gatwick (from Philadelphia). A paper return train ticket on Southern Railway did the trick for 2-for-1 qualifications.
Our last trip (and our upcoming trip) deposits us at LHR -- USAir no longer flies PHL-LGW -- so we have a problem. (Train tickets from LHR do not qualify).
Last trip we bought a paper travel card at the train station. However, I prefer the convenience of our Oyster cards for our 7-day travel card and some pay-as-you-go cash loaded.
The Plan: Buy a couple of paper return tickets to Victoria from a close station (such as Clapham Junction @ 6.40 GBP each) and not use them to travel -- only as "documentation" for 2-for-1. It's a small price for the convenience of using our Oyster cards the entire visit.
Would a return ticket from such a close station still qualify for 2-for-1?
Do the tickets have to be actually used -- i.e., will tickets that are unused (I naturally assume one can tell by looking at the ticket) cause our 2-for-1 coupons to be rejected?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 2 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 3 Christmas Markets 2017
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 6 Le Marche Research Help
- 7 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 8 land vs river cruise
- 9 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 10 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 11 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 12 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 13 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 14 Tips for first trip to UK
- 15 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 16 paris to london- day trip
- 17 10 days in europe
- 18 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 19 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 20 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 21 GTG Paris December 2017
- 22 Where to stay in Naples?
- 23 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 24 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 25 European honeymoon help needed