Reload this Page >

Lodging in Vienna

Search

Lodging in Vienna

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 02:15 PM
Nan

Lodging in Vienna

I am travelling to Vienna Mar.28-Apr.5 for a first time visit. My daughter lives in the Fourth District so I would like to be near her. Where do I stay ? Is $100 a night too little or too much for moderate accomadations? <BR>Thanks.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 12:52 PM
Jennifer

Nan -<BR><BR>I just returned from Vienna. We stayed at the Hotel Austria which was clean and quiet with a very helpful staff. It is in the old section of the city but I'm not sure how that relates to the Fourth District. Information on the Hotel is available on the Fodor's website. We paid around $125 per night. Have a wonderful trip! I loved Vienna.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 01:13 PM
Bob Brown

I think $100 a night will get you a good room near the Ring. We stayed at the Carlton Opera in 2001 and the Alt Wienerhof the previous year. The Alt Wienerhof is near the Westbahnhof and a little farther out, but it is near a bus line that takes you to the Ring, and a Ubahn stop is perhaps 150 yards away.<BR>The Alt Wienerhof is a little less than the Carlton Opera because it is farther from the Ring. I prefered the Carlton Opera because of its location.<BR>Nice, large room, with a good breakfast.<BR>The Alt Wienerhof also provided a large room with a good breakfast.<BR>

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 01:37 PM
Wayne

As many times as I've been in Vienna, I should know the district numbers, but I don't know most of them. However, if the fourth is southeast of the center, just outside the ring, then an ideal hotel where I have stayed is the Admiral. I would suspect you could look it up on the internet, but I initially found out about it through a brochure. If you are interested, I can look up details. Good luck.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 06:26 PM
Nan

Wayne, I need your help. I can not find the Admiral listed on any site. I need a website, address, etc. Any restaurants to recommend? Or too many to name. If I do not hear from you in a day or so I will try to email you. OK?