Lodging in Greystones?

Search

Lodging in Greystones?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lodging in Greystones?

Can anyone recommend nice lodging in town, that is walking distance (taxi distance?) from The Hungry Monk?

Thanks!
Old Aug 27th, 2007, 12:57 PM

Here are some links for Greystones.
There are not a lot of places there and, as I live in Dublin, I have never stayed in Greystones, so cannot recommend any of them.
http://www.discoverireland.ie/Result...amp;thisPage=1
http://www.irishtourist.com/wicklow/towns/greystones/
Old Aug 27th, 2007, 06:20 PM

I looked at the website listed above. The only place listed for Greystones (the rest are in surrounding towns) is Glandore.

Glandore
St. Vincent Rd., Burnaby Estate
Greystones, County Wicklow
Republic of Ireland
telephone 353 1 287 4364

I have stayed there. The proprietors, Penny and Malcolm Hall, are delightful. Four of the rooms are ensuite and one has its own bath across the hall.

It is a pleasant walk to the Hungry Monk and the railroad station.

If you stay here and are driving, you will likely be coming from Bray. As you come into town, watch for signs for the rr. station which is on the main street of the town. At the station take the right (Killincarrig Rd.) to the top of the hill and then left through the second stop sign. Glandore is on the left, a driveway through a tall hedge. There is a sign at the foot of Killincarrig Rd. which says "Glandore" and another at the entrance to the driveway.

They are Bord Failte approved.

No email.

Have fun!
Old Aug 27th, 2007, 06:24 PM

I forgot to check on Padhraicin's post if the phone is the same. I got the phone from the business card from when I stayed there three years ago. I can't imagine that it would have changed, but just in case, check Padhraicin's link.
Old Aug 27th, 2007, 06:29 PM

There are several other B&B's in Greystones. If you do decide to stay there and call Glandore and they are booked, you could ask for recommendations of other places. When I was there, and it was booked, Penny often gave callers other names to try.

Sorry to make so many replies out of one, but I think I am truly done for tonight.

If I can be of any other help here, let me know. I lived in Greystones for a couple years and try to get back every few years.
Old Aug 27th, 2007, 06:50 PM

Sorry, it is I again. If you prefer a hotel to a B&B, the La Touche Hotel is nice. You can see the water from there. The last time I stayed there in a single, there was a little terrace outside the window where I could sit and watch the ferries in the distance and the closer little sailboats, though in November, I guess you wouldn't want to sit outside (though you might get surprised.).

The number there is 353 (0) 1 287 4401. (I found they didn't answer their emails, but when I called a few days after enquiring, they were most obliging and did have a room for me.)

I googled them to see what would show up and the website
http://homepage.eircom.net/~latouche
showed pictures and gave info.

When I lived there, it was a great treat to go to the La Touche for a meal. We felt really elegant when we sprang for that sort of treat.
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 07:43 AM

ttt