Search

lodging help, Dingle and Galway

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2005, 11:20 AM
jc
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lodging help, Dingle and Galway

3 couples going to Dingle and then to Galway in April. Looking for nice place to stay in both. Location is most important, as we don't want to drive at night.Probably 2 nights in each town. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. JC
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 11:42 AM

We stayed at the Heaton's Guesthouse in Dingle and loved it. It is a short drive outside of the town itself. We drove, but it's probably about a 15 min or so walk into town. Nuala & Cameron Heaton are the friendliest people you could ever meet, and I swear she puts drugs in her pancakes - they are to DIE for!! The guesthouse is very new, so if you're looking for something older with more character, you might be a bit disappointed. But the rooms are new and wonderfully comfortable and if you get a room in the front of the place, the view is beautiful. We really enjoyed our stay there.
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 02:31 PM

My husband, my parents and I stayed at Greenmount House in Dingle last October and LOVED it! It is closer to town than Heaton's -- about a five minute walk down the hill and you are right in the heart of Dingle's main street with ample pubs and restaurants. We would go back to Ireland just to stay there! I went into some detail about this B&B in my recent posting "Trip Report Ireland Oct. 2004". Just scroll through the threads and you'll find it.

Greenmount, like Heaton's is a fairly modern guesthouse, but that didn't detract from the charm of the place. All the front-facing rooms have lovely views of the bay as well as the dining room. And the breakfasts were the best we had during our entire time in Ireland! Truly out-of-this-world!!
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 03:44 PM

Captains Quarters is very nice right in town. A little bit pricey but nice. Dingle has a very modern hotel about one minute out of town. I stayed there four years ago, again a bit pricey but nice. Last year stayed at a B&B right across from the Capt. Quarter. It was Ok but I cannot remember the name, sorry. Parking in Dingle is better than most.
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 06:55 PM

Jury's Inn in Galway. Reasonably priced and you can't beat the location.
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 01:00 PM

I will second Heaton's in Dingle. It is an easy 10 to 15 minute walk into town, very "do-able". Along with The Lodge in Kenmare it is my favorite place to stay.
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 07:14 PM

I'll put in a second for Greenmount House. But based on what I have read on this board, I think you will be happy with either Greenmount or Heatons.

And the Greenmount breakfast really was wonderful.
Old Mar 19th, 2005, 01:31 PM

I would also vote for Heaton's Guesthouse - the BEST B&B we had in all of Ireland. Big room, balcony that faced the water and best breakfast ever! You won't be disappointed!
Old Mar 19th, 2005, 01:43 PM

If you are willing to walk 10 or 15 minutes into town, check out The Lighthouse B&B on High Road
www.lighthousedingle.com
Nice people, nice rooms, resonable prices and GREAT views.
Old Mar 19th, 2005, 04:31 PM

If you don't mind the Salt Hill area near Galway, the Anbelle Lodge, [email protected] is a really nice, comfy B&B. The proprietors, Carmel and Tom are helpful and friendly and the breakfasts are great too!
Old Mar 19th, 2005, 07:20 PM

In Galway try Four Seasons B&B 23 College Road galway email [email protected] 353 91 564-078
5 min safe walk to eyre square
bob