lockers in London's Victoria Station

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 07:16 PM
Monte Thompson

lockers in London's Victoria Station

I have a full day layover in London on my flight from Dallas to Pisa and will be going into London for the day via the Victoria Express. I can not remember if there are lockers in the station so that I can leave my carry-on bag there for the day while I trapse around London. I would appreciate knowing if there are some there or lockers to rent at Gatwick Airport.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 05:36 AM
Carl

I believe that UK removed all such facilities years ago to prevent bombs and such being stored away. What they may offer is a "left luggage" service, where you can check your bag(s) and pay by the hour or day to store them. I know that Gatwick has left luggage because I have used it to store some items for a week prior to returning to the airport to fly home. I would suggest you use the left luggage service at Gatwick. It is right in the main terminal building.

Here is the info there is one in both terminals:

http://www.britishairways.com/airportinfo/docs/gatwick/gat-north/g-n-llugg.shtml

http://www.britishairways.com/airportinfo/docs/gatwick/gat-south/g-s-llugg.shtml

good luck

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 05:38 AM
Ann Young

They had lockers there three years ago when we were there. Lot's of them..

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 06:38 AM
ddd

Both Gatwick and Victoria Station have places to leave your luggage, not individual lockers but services that hold your stuff for you (for a fee of course). The one at Victoria is between platforms 7 and 8.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 06:52 AM
trying

I believe the left luggage service is privately operated. The prices were quite high, perhaps 4-6 pounds per bag or item, and they were pretty stingy about what constituted an item.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 07:06 AM
claire

In August 2001, we used the left luggage area at Victoria Station. We were able to get 4 rolling luggage bags (2 large & 2 carryon size) into one large locker. We put the bags in early in the morning and retrieved them in late afternoon. It was a bit pricey, but I can't recall exactly how much it cost. And, I don't know if any changes have occurred since 9/11.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 07:50 AM
flygirl

yup, there are lockers, very easy to find, the gent rifles through your stuff to make sure you aren't stashing a bomb, you buy your ticket, cram your stuff in, and off you go. It's about 8 pounds as I recall.

I don't think you'll find any lockers in any airport.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 08:50 AM
trying

I'm sorry, my experience was at Waterloo, not Victoria. Sorry to confuse things.