L'Occitane IN Provence?

Search

L'Occitane IN Provence?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
L'Occitane IN Provence?

I love L'Occitane and it used to be cheaper to buy it in France but now I find it is the same price here. Is there perhaps L'Occitane outlet IN Provence? Is there a main store or factory in Provence? I know someone posted there is a store in Isle-sur-la-Sorgue.
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 04:04 PM

Ronda, they have a store locator function on their web site:

http://fr1.loccitane.com/storelocator/index.asp

Looks like they have outlets in Arles, Avignon, and Aix-en-Provence, for starters.

Anselm
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 06:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
the stores are not that much inxpensive, so, it's better to buy somthing better like the Coté Bastide
not available as much in the USA
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Original Poster

Interesting cigalechanta, what is Cote Bastide?
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 08:10 PM

You'll find any number of very nice local soaps in Provence, especially the olive-oil soap of Marseille, great for dry skin. But I love too the ones that are scented with thyme, rosemary, and especially lavender. Most gift shops have big baskets of all different kinds.
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 08:12 PM

Forgot to recommend Roger et Gallet, exquisitely delicate soaps in a variety of fragrances. They're hard to find in the U.S. (except at very high prices), especially the shower gel; so I always stock up when in France. The large round cakes in travel containers make great gifts for friends.
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 01:38 AM

Morning ladies and Anselm
On Anselm's link they say that in their factory in Manosque you can have 10% off while you're visiting the factory.
There is a shop in Dijon that I find very expensive and not so "Frenchie" because it is written in French AND English on the products so I rather go to an old and nice local pharmacie near the market to buy a lavender spray...
Ronda it is a pity I can't take you there!
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 02:21 AM

Durance is another Provence soap brand. I don't use their body products much but they make lovely laundry detergents and fabric softeners in lavender and orange flower water, among other scents. Cheaper in Europe than in the U.S.
www.majesticprovence.com carries it so you can check their U.S. prices for comparison.
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 04:49 AM

Don't drive out there without an appointment - Visits to the factory in Manosque are by appointment only.
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 05:22 AM

You're right, I should have added the link (in French)
http://fr1.loccitane.com//aboutus/vi...y=A&page=1
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Original Poster

Well, Coco, I may make it to Dijon yet. I am working on it.

Thank you for all the great info.

My favorite L'Occitane product is the Shea Butter. I like the handcream and face cream with SPF 15. Last summer I received a sample of their Lavande Eau de Toilette which I thought was very nice. It is not straight lavender but I believe, mixed with anise (yes, licorice). When I really want a France fix I spray it around. (I once read a trip report where the gal bought a perfume when she went to France, only wore it there, and when she came home and needed a France fix, she put it on and the scent brought back good memories.)

I don't like olive oil scented soaps but do like almond. I don't like the Oliver & Co. Olive oil soaps as the scent is too strong for me.

Perhaps one of you has heard of the following: La Maison de la Vanille, Vanille Givree des Antilles. I bought it in San Francisco in a little French import store. My girlfriend loves it and I could not find it for her last summer in France, bought her something else, but she doesn't like it as well.
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 08:24 AM

Coté Bastide's main store is in Lourmarin and the fragrances are all natural and lovely Springtime I like Their Mimosa, Summer thir Lilac and antiennte Rose in the fall.
lóccitaine had a shop on a boat i Burgundy when they first started.
There is a shop in Isle-sur-la-Sorge.
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 08:39 AM

Hi Ronda, it would be great if you could make it!

http://www.maison-de-la-vanille.com/doc/fr/home.htm
is that what you're looking for?
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 08:43 AM

coco we will be staying at the Moulin des Ruats in Avallon on Aug 22 If you want to meet for lunch in Dijon?
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 08:52 AM

Hi mimi, you're not staying at l'hostellerie de la Poste anymore?

I really don't know what I'll be doing at all at that date ! But if I can I will meet you with pleasure
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 08:56 AM

No, the prices have gone up tremendously and anyway, the Ruats is the only place I can have authentic truite Bleu
Old Mar 19th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

That is it Coco! I did a search but didn't come up with anything! I'll forward it to my girlfriend and, of course, she will want me to buy her some when I'm in France next summer. Do you happen to know where I can buy them? I don't see any stores listed on their site; just their headquarters:
ZI du Dolmen
42380 LURIECQ
FRANCE

Old Mar 19th, 2006, 09:33 AM

I noticed too they don't mention any stores in France. You could email them maybe...
Have you noticed it is in Rhone Alpes departement?
Old Mar 21st, 2006, 04:50 AM

I went to the L'Occitane outlet at Woodbury Commons, one hour from N.Y. city in November. I bought loads of discontinued items at 70% off. They were wonderful for last minute xmas gifts and hostess gifts and best of all just for me. I've been trying to find an outlet in Florida but so far no luck.
Old Mar 21st, 2006, 06:43 AM

There is a factory outlet store at the Manosque factory location. No appointment needed to go to the store. It offers a variety of discounts depending on the product. Lots of discontinued products as well as some "seconds" such as tubes that werent filled with enough product etc. Have been twice and usually find something. Try to book the factory tour, havent managed to do that myself yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -