Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Location9 Apartment in Paris - have you stayed there?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will have a chance to see Paris for the first time in May next year but sadly only for 4 days but hey, its better than nothing!

I saw this apartment suggested on a recent post and would like to know if anyone has stayed there and can give it the thumbs up? It looks like it would suit us just fine but would love some first hand knowledge.

I have enquired about a room at La Familia Hotel but they won't take any bookings until February and I don't really want to leave it that late to book anything.

Many thanks.
Old Nov 10th, 2010, 03:49 PM

We have spent the last 3 trips-5 weeks total- to Paris in this studio. Good location, great security, very clean and great hosts. Two/three minutes to the bus stop, 10 minutes to Anvers Metro. If you walk up the hill from the studio, towards Anvers, go through the park, turn left and walk about 10 minutes, there is a really big grocery store-Champions I think- that you can buy groceries. Note. Almost all grocery stores are closed on Sunday. Some small convenience stores are open, but prices are double. If you have more questions, message me.
Old Nov 10th, 2010, 06:32 PM
cw

Can you provide a link to the apartment? Thanks.
Old Nov 10th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Original Poster

jkbritt, thanks so much for your reply. Its great to get some first hand knowledge and I appreciate the info on the grocery store too. Location, security, clean & great hosts - it sounds too good to be true. Fingers crossed that we can get it. Also thanks for the offer to message you - might do that if we get the booking.

Here's the link for cw: http://locationparis9.canalblog.com/
Old Nov 11th, 2010, 05:38 AM

Can't help on the apartment, but just wanted to comment on your remark about hotels. I wouldn't even worry about booking a hotel this far in advance for a few days trip next May. I go to Paris about every year and never book that far in advance for a hotel and have never had a problem. I've gone in May, also, there is nothing that difficult about getting a hotel in May (probably Sept-Oct and then Xmas are the times it gets booked up most in advance). I never book hotels more than a couple months out, although I don't usually think I can only stay in one particular hotel that is listed in a lot of guidebooks or something (which could be a problem). I know the Familia is listed in lots of places but I still wouldn't worry about this so much.

So if your sole reason for getting an apt for a trip of a couple days is because you can't book a hotel this far in advance, I wouldn't do it for that reason.
Old Nov 11th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Original Poster

Hi Christina, well that puts my mind at rest. The rest of our trip will be in the UK and a lot of the places I have on my list are booking up well in advance so I just thought this would be the same in Paris.

I have looked at so many posts and so many hotels - it all gets a bit blurry after a while, the Familia just seems to keep popping up.

Thanks again for your reassurance, I will hold off on Paris for now and just wait and see.