location near Vence

Jan 22nd, 2004, 03:12 PM
ita
Original Poster

location near Vence

I would like some suggestion for a nice village to stay in to explore this area. How does one locate accomodation, preferrably a reasonabley priced apartment or a bed and breakfast. After this we are spending a week in the Vaucluse to explore that area.
Jan 22nd, 2004, 03:59 PM

Would you mind suggesting a hotel budget that you would find acceptable?

Will you have a car?

If you are a budget traveler, you might try the Logis de France chain. They are clean, pleasant (some much more than pleasant) and usually have a nice restaurant. You can book them online at http://www.logis-de-france.fr/uk/ (in English).

The Karen Brown web site lets you sort by location or price. Both of the above have pictures.

Since you are on this forum, I'm assuming you've searched "hotels" on Fodors.

You could also look for accomodation at France.com. They cover the entire country and have photos and reviews by people who have stayed there. We've used both Logis de France and France.com and have never had problems with either.

Enjoy your trip.
Jan 22nd, 2004, 07:34 PM
ita
Original Poster

What I ideally want is an apartment in the vicinity of Vence for not more than $700 per week, which is what we have in the Vaucluse.
Jan 22nd, 2004, 07:35 PM
ita
Original Poster

Sorry forgot to say we will have a car
Jan 22nd, 2004, 09:11 PM

Try the following web site.

http://www.gitesdefrance35.com/

If that doesn't work, type "Gites de France" into your search engine and you'll come up with the web site for Gites de France. They rent houses and apartments all over France and are very reputable. There are pictures to help you with your decision and they cover all price ranges.

Many are out in the country so you will need that car. There are also Gites in town. In the Vence area, though, you will want a car to explore. I also highly recommend the Michelin Touring and Motoring Atlas with every small road and byway on it.

You might want to try the Karen Brown web site for B&Bs also, and it would probably help to use the Search function above to ask about accomodations in the area. You could just type in "Vence" for a start.

It's a lovely area and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Jan 23rd, 2004, 07:20 AM

Hello Ita,
When are you going? How large an apartment do you want? Would suggest a google for E.G. "Vence rental owner" or "Vence private rental". You will get many hits, some of the previosly mentioned sites and some others. Change the location (Eze, La Turbie etc) and you will get many others. We are spending a month just east of Monaco in late March and early April and I was able to find a nice 1 bedroom for that much for the month but I did a lot of searching. Good luck with the search. Gerry near London Canada

Search this Thread