Reload this Page >

Location, Location In Luberon

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2007, 07:31 AM
jazzy1

Hello everyone. I'm still finalizing a few items on my itinerary. We were looking at staying at Mas Des Herbes Blanches for 4 nights but are reconsidering based on costs. I was looking at other postings and saw Chateau Talaud and Chateau Esparron De Verdon. Are these good central locations for exploring the Luberon. Is one better than the other (location, quality, etc.)? We will already be staying in St. Remy at Chateau Alpilles. Thank in advance for your thoughts.

Old May 22nd, 2007, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMO, the Chateau Esparron de Verdon is pretty far east to explore the Luberon; it is actually in the Alpes de Haute Provence area. On the other hand, the scenery would be beautiful.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look at either Les Trois SOurces in Bonnieux or Le Ferme de la Huppe outside of Gordes.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 12:21 PM
jazzy1

Excellent. Thanks Grandmere I think I will see if I can book one of the two properties that Pam mentioned. They are both highly rated by TripAdvisor as well. Here I go.. One additional question, would you know the distance (miles) between Aix and St. Jean Cap Ferrat.

Many thanks!

Old May 23rd, 2007, 05:55 AM
jazzy1

Hello again. We are having a difficult time finding a hotel in Aix. Does anyone know how far away Mas d'Entremont is from the town. I've seen it mentioned in a few posts but was wondering anyone had any additional comments about this hotel. Thank you!

Old May 23rd, 2007, 06:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
jazz, it's a very beautiful place hidden away in the hills above Aix on Route National 7.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 06:46 AM
jazzy1

Hello Cigalechanta. Good to hear from you. Do you know how far it is outside of town. We will have a car so maybe it's better to stay on the outskirs, although we thought it would be nice to be able to leave our hotel and walk around town. We tried to get into Le Piggonet but they are booked. Just curious...Many thanks!

Old May 23rd, 2007, 07:03 AM

Unlike Stu, I don't drive so can't give you distances. but here's a map where it is located
http://www.masdentremont.com/eng_situation.asp
One year we stayed in town Le Manoir that has its own car parc.
You should not delay where you will book. As I wrote earlier , it took me way over a month to find a place that was affordable.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 07:27 AM
jazzy1

Thanks Cigalenchanta. I just found that after I posted. I think I will ask the hotel what the distance is, although, at this point I thinking I'm just going to grab it. It looks lovely and the price seems pretty reasonble. I have one last logistical piece to work out. We are flying into Marseille and out of Nice. Any recommendations for staying in Nice or near the airport when we leave. We have an early morning flight (6:30 a.m.). Many thanks.

Old May 23rd, 2007, 07:39 AM

Don't know near the airport but years ago I stayed at La Perouse, an enjoyable walk to old Nice and facing the sea.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 01:31 PM
jazzy1

Thanks Cigalechanta. I do appreciate your advice. I'm going to see how far the airport is from the actual town/city. Take care. Thanks again.