Reload this Page >

lisbon to lagos - lagos to sevilla

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 10:27 AM
andy

My wife and I are heading down from Lisbon to Salema (via lagos) and then on to seville, I was wondering if anyone knew whether to take the bus or train to lagos and how often it went. same for the trip from lagos to sevilla. thanks <BR>

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 11:06 AM
joao

Hi Andy <BR> <BR>The train travel takes one ferry boat and 2 trains. <BR> <BR>The overall is about 5:30 hours. Departures from Lisbon are at 8:10, 13:20, 17:40, 19:10. <BR> <BR>Bus is direct, takes 3:30 hours, costs 2700 escudos. There are departures at 1, 7:30, 8, 10:30, 14:15, 15:30, 17:15, 17:30, 18:00 and 19:30. <BR> <BR>If you have time and want to offer yourself oldfashioned travel through the South of Portugal, take the train. <BR> <BR>If you want to efficiently arrive to the Algarve, definitely take the bus. <BR> <BR>Joao

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 12:06 PM
coco

Andy, <BR> We recently flew R/T from Lisbon to Faro on TAP for $110. Takes less than an hour. Friends flew with us from Lisbon to Faro but departed Faro for Madrid. I think that was about $150. We were pleasnatly surprised at the low cost of these airfares; you might want to check it out re: Seville. We were staying just west of Lagos, car rental was very affordable and the drive was little less than an hour from Faro airport.

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 12:51 PM
andy

thanks for the info, joao and coco. I think we will stick to the bus to avoid hassle of renting car and driving. <BR>joao, you seem to have the details of the bus, could you please, if you know, inform me as to which bus and from where it travels. thanks <BR>

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 04:05 PM
Joao

The bus station in Lisbon is quite central (walking distance from Saldanha Square). <BR> <BR>address: <BR>12 Avenida Duque de Avila <BR>TERMINAL DO ARCO DO CEGO <BR>Telef: +351 213545439 <BR> <BR>check yourself: <BR>http://www.redeexpressos.pt/index_uk.htm <BR> <BR>Enjoy your time <BR> <BR>Joao <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 12:01 PM
andy

joao: <BR> <BR>appreciate your help, bless you, and look forward to a great trip. <BR> <BR>andy

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 01:46 PM
still curious

andy or joao <BR> How do you get to Seville from Lagos and how long does that take if not flying? Thank you.

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 02:07 PM
andy

still curious: I know there is a bus that goes twice a day from Lagos to Sevilla, takes about 5 hours costs 3500 escudos. I will return on the 12th, so if you can hold on till then, will fill you in on the details.