Lisbon rain early Nov.

Search

Lisbon rain early Nov.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lisbon rain early Nov.

Had to cancel our trip to Lisbon and Barcelona last April, and now are thinking about going in early November. I've looked at average weather info and am ok with the temperature but concerned about rain. We don't mind a little shower but wouldn't want to have long periods of rain every day. Can anyone advise us about that? Thanks.
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 04:54 PM

No one can predict weather more than a few days in advance. Since neither Lisbon nor Barcelona is in a desert rain is not only possible, but likely. Unless you re going camping it shouldn;t make a lot of difference (t's not a beach holiday). Just bring waterproof shoes and a sturdy folding umbrella.
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 03:19 AM

It's common a period of fair weather during the 1st half of November (Saint Martin's Summer), but no one can be sure that this happens this year and the exact period.
Old Oct 5th, 2011, 02:11 PM

We're going to Lisbon & Madeira on Oct. 18-28, and all I looked at were the temps. We'll each take some light jacket and a small umbrella. I will assume we might encounter rain but will hope for dry weather. I always figure, if it rains and won't let up, we'll just find a bar! We're not going for the beaches anyway.
We run a B&B ourselves, in SW France (we'll close Oct. 15); it makes me CRAZY when prospective guests start asking me exactly how they should pack and whether the second week of September will be better than the 1st week of October, or April vs. May, or "will it rain on the three days I'll be at your place?"
Weather everywhere has been VERY unpredictable in recent years; I just tell people I can almost guarantee it won't snow in July, and it probably won't be 90 in early April, but beyond that... who knows? Just bring layers, check the historical hi/lo temps and rainfall averages, and make a guess.
For future reference, www.weather.com has a page for historicals: Average historical November rainfall for Lisbon is about 4.5"; average hi/lo temps are 52-64.
Have a great trip!
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 07:14 AM

You should be ok. April is known as the month of a thousand rains. And I've been there in April and it rained every day we were there. I think you're much better off going in Nov than you would have been in April. You actually caught some luck with your schedule!
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 06:03 PM

We were there last Nov 6-21. In reviewing my diary, there was only 1 day that I would say it rained but it did it off and on, so we headed out when the weather broke. Otherwise, the weather was great.
Have a great time.
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Original Poster

As it turned out, we're going to the Cote d'Azur in early November! Staying in Nice as a base, and will do Barcelona and Lisbon another time. Thanks for all your comments.