Lisboa Two Nights Only

Mar 9th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Original Poster

Lisboa Two Nights Only

Lurking with Fodor's we know that Lobo Mau has all the Lisbon answers--and the threads are a delight.
Just two nights in November before we sail on Wind Surf. Other passengers in 2005 mentioned some interesting local hotels.
We are 66--well traveled but aging! Ideas?
Mar 10th, 2008, 02:43 AM

3 suggestions:
- Borges (low budget)
- Chiado Regency (medium)
- Avenida Palace (high)
Mar 10th, 2008, 02:44 AM

I like the Pestana Palace and have gotten great deals there every time I have stayed.
Mar 10th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the ideas. Had thought of Avenida Palace--stayed last time at Park Atlantic. Want to be able to walk about without one of the steep hills.Lobo--what would you suggest for one precious jet-lagged free day in Lisbon? Have been to Monastery ( during a wonderful feast of Fatima). Will investigate the other hotels--like anything that is non-American oriented.
Mar 11th, 2008, 04:13 AM

From your post is not very clear which monastery are you referring to.
My suggestion is:
1. take tram#15 in Praça da Figueira, to Belem
while in Belem, these attractions are all close to each other
2. Museu dos Coches
3. Berardo collection
4. Pasteis de Belem
5. Tropical Garden
6. In CCB (where Berardo collection is located) is possible to seat in a balcony outside coffee) and enjoy the afternoon, if the weather is fair.
7. near Pasteis de belem, there is a MacDonalds, after the corner, there is a row of outside restaurants facing the large grass field. You might ask for a light meal and stay just people watching.
8. In this row, there is a restaurant called A Picanha (Brazilian style BBQ) with fixed price, around 15 euros or so, where you may eat as much as you like (avoid the side orders suggested to you, since they are not included in the fixed price, and they bring you a lot).
--------------
An alternative interesting for half day, but not for a full day is Estufa Fria in a Lisbon's more central location.
I can't advise more Estufa Fria, but for some reason, it never turned into a Lisbon's main attraction.
Is a romantic begining of 20th century botanical garden located in Edward 7th Park, in the heart of Lisbon.
Mar 12th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

Loba Mau....have copied all your suggestions. Thanks so much for your time--and all your efforts on behalf of your city!