Reload this Page >

Les Tour D'Argent Restaurant

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 06:22 AM
JM

Has anyone been to les tour d'argent restaurant?

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 06:28 AM
Sue

Just topped a thread on splurge restaurants; La Tour d'Argent is mentioned in it several times.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 06:43 AM
Gayle

We went there last year in March. The setting is gorgeous and the view over the Seine is lovely. The patrons are almost all tourists and English the most noticeablt din in the room. <BR><BR>The food was very mediocre, bit it was the service was greatly lacking. I ordered a glass of champagne to start with my oysters. It never came! We finished a bottle of red wine (most of which we had to pour ourselves) and then ordered a second bottle, which, believe it or not, never arrived. The tables all around us were all given the traditional petit fours at the end of the meal, after the cheese course, and yet we were not. Our host discreetly excused himeslf and went to speak to the owner, who happened to be on the premises that evening. The waiters were then sent over to apologize (really!), yet nothing was done either monetarily, or through a complimentary gesture, of any kind. For a dinner of $500, this is one place I would neither return to, nor recommend.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 07:20 AM
philip

I reiterate from the posts that were topped, Tour D'Argent is not worth it. Yes, it's nice for one visit, for the view, but I'll never go back.<BR><BR>At Taillevent you will be treated with a significantly higher level of service that makes you feel like a regular. If you want the view, Jules Verne is another option, and a much better one in my book.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 10:11 PM
lze

Boy, you find out the most interesting things by reading these posts. We are planning a visit to tour d'argent in June, but for lunch. It got a good recommendation in Bon Apetite Magazine. Guess we will still go and will let you know how we like it. Anyone else out there have an opinion?

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 05:17 AM
Evelyntrav

I had to send back my roast duck. Although I specifically asked if the sauce was made with liver and the waiter said it was not, one taste was all I needed to confirm that the waiter was wrong. Although they accommodated me and held my friend's dinner while mine was redone, it was not handled graciously and the misinformation unexpected from a fine restaurant.