Leipzig hotels in March.

Jan 26th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Original Poster

Leipzig hotels in March.

Time to ask for advice again! After spending a week in Amsterdam, I will be in Leipzig from March 9 to March 15 and am still looking for a hotel. Although there seems to be a lot of choices under $100/night, I would like something either close to the train station or historic center. Breakfast and Wifi in the room would be nice too.

I looked at A&O Apartmenthaus Leipzig and A&O Leipzig Hotel which both seem very reasonably priced and are close to the Hauptbahnhof. Is anyone here familiar with either one of these?

The Hotel Seven Bridges in Amsterdam is my splurge so I would like to save a little in Leipzig which does seem more inexpensive at least as far as hotels are concerned.

Thanks for any advice you can give! I plan on posting a trip report here as soon as I can.
Jan 27th, 2010, 12:21 AM

A&Os are really, really basic. There is one in Dresden also and friends of mine stayed there once. They said it was ok but more like a youth hostel. No idea about Leipzig's.

Leipzig has quite a number of inexpensive hotels but most of them are located somewhat outside the city centre. Which is not really a problem IMO since the tram/bus network is excellent. One poster here will certainly suggest the Motel One again which is definitely centrally located and probably fits your criteria. I personally like the Seaside Park Hotel but it will be more than $100 per night.

I.
Jan 27th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

Danke, Ingo. Yes, the A&Os do look very spartan. I'm thinking of looking into the apartment options too.

Seaside Park looks beautiful and it seems to have better reviews than the Fuerstenhof, but it is rather pricey and doesn't even include breakfast.

Too bad the Hotel Vier Jahrzeiten was booked; it was in an ideal location and more reasonably priced.

As per your suggestion I do hope to take daytrip to Dresden too.

Anyway, the search continues. Looking forward to those delicious German pastries!
Jan 28th, 2010, 12:57 AM

Sorry the Seaside Park is so pricey - I booked it through a German Travel Company (TUI I think) and got the single room for about 80 Euro incl. breakfast.

Just checked at www.tui.de and yes, it is available: Single room incl. breakfast March 9 - March 15 for 432 Euro. I guess you cannot book it from outside Germany. However, if you're interested I can give you the email address/phone or fax number of my travel agent (a friend of mine) who could possibly book it for you through TUI.
Jan 28th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks again! You can email me the information at [email protected]. I really hope to make a decision by the end of the week.