Reload this Page >

Leicester Square Ticket Booth

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 04:49 PM
Amber

Does anyone know what time it opens? I seem to recall either 10 or 11am. I know that there are two lines, one for matinees and one for evening performances, and that you can't buy tickets simultaneously for both a matinee an evening performance (if this has changed, please let me know), however, are both the matinee and evening performance tickets sold at the same time of day -- meaning, I can buy tickets to either performance when the pseudo-box office opens or are the times staggered? <BR><BR>Also, can you pay by credit card, or is cash the only acceptable form of payment?

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 05:37 PM
janis

They used to open at 11AM but some on the forum now say it opens at 10:30AM. <BR><BR>They used to take casho only but last summer they began taking credit cards. Then there were glitches and all last Fall it was back to cash only. I last used the booth in Oct and no cards. But again, recent posts indicate cards are OK again. Actually it was better when it was all cash because the lines moved faster. Be prepared - the computer problems might recur and it will revert to cash only. there is an ATM on the wall just opposite the TKTS booth so it is easy to get cash.<BR><BR>Both queues (matinee and evening) open at the same time so you can buy both - but you do need to go through both queues. The lines do move quickly. Naturally, the matinee window closes earlier since the shows are in the afternoon.

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 06:38 PM
Anita

We went there one afternoon ( a mnoth ago) but the Complete Shakespeare we wanted wasn't playing that day.They told us they opened at 10 & if we came by mid-day we should get good seats. We were there close to noon the next day & had to wait for the theatre to release more tickets. Our seats were great. They did take credit cards.

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 06:43 PM
Leslie

This is good to know, as I will be in London in November strictly for theatre. By the way, can anyone point me in the direction of a map that shows where all of the theatres are in the West End/Covent Gardens? I'm familiar with a lot of them, but I'd like to see the proximity of the ones that I want to get theatre tickets for to my hotel in Bloomsbury.<BR><BR>I called the British Tourist Authority on Friday, and am waiting for a package, but if there is anything online, I'd appreciate the URL.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 06:46 AM
Barb

www.londontown.com has maps of the theaters